MPC SEQ vs. MV-8000

DaNOC said:
Dam Tech said " Non destructive " Sound like Protools lol Sounds like the MV8000 is an MPC/Protools all in one. and you can hook up a LCD VGA Monitor to the MV? That sounds hot. Well I have the MPC2000xl and I am staying with it, no need to get the MV, :) The million dollar question is how many big studios carry the MV8000, in case you want to bring just your zip or disk with you.

That was funny!!! Step yo game up. Zipz are so outdated. I bring Protools files to the studio on my Memorex Travel Drive. The MV is the truth and if you don't like it...then good. I wish they would discontinue it . I don't want nobody to have this beast but me... J/K LOL! Keep Bang'n

The MV is a great machine... but in my opinion, the timing BLOWS like superhead... also, comparing it to an MPC 2500 is far from fair. Don't remember if the 5000 was out when this thread was started, but even now, I still see this unfair comparison to the 2500. Compare it to the 4000 and 5000... More so the 5000... I own a 1000 and 2000xl and the mv8000... I still use these more than the MV because it throws my rhythm off... its like trying to make a beat in a carriage pulled by a horse with 3 legs through an old demolished building...OK maybe that's an exaggeration, but it still blows. Even my Juno G doesn't have that succky ayus sequencer... and don't get me started on the MV's user interface... if I wanted to feel like I was using FL and Reason, I would have kept my keyrig49 and my MPD24 and kept on using FL and Reason... my beef with the UI is that there are way to many button presses... first time I hopped on an mpc...10 minutes I had the interface down... I've had the mv for over a month...can't find a damn thing sometimes...but then there are time I just blank out and forget how to use my mpc...but point is... ADHD? Like me...MPC....... Heavily medicated or just not special? MV.... anybody want mine?

The MV is a great machine... but in my opinion, the timing BLOWS like superhead... also, comparing it to an MPC 2500 is far from fair. Don't remember if the 5000 was out when this thread was started, but even now, I still see this unfair comparison to the 2500. Compare it to the 4000 and 5000... More so the 5000... I own a 1000 and 2000xl and the mv8000... I still use these more than the MV because it throws my rhythm off... its like trying to make a beat in a carriage pulled by a horse with 3 legs through an old demolished building...OK maybe that's an exaggeration, but it still blows. Even my Juno G doesn't have that succky ayus sequencer... and don't get me started on the MV's user interface... if I wanted to feel like I was using FL and Reason, I would have kept my keyrig49 and my MPD24 and kept on using FL and Reason... my beef with the UI is that there are way to many button presses... first time I hopped on an mpc...10 minutes I had the interface down... I've had the mv for over a month...can't find a damn thing sometimes...but then there are time I just blank out and forget how to use my mpc...but point is... ADHD? Like me...MPC....... Heavily medicated or just not special? MV.... anybody want mine?

I'll take it for 2 dolla. ;)

I would like to try out a MV sometime but I know it wouldn't be near to my heart like a MPC.

On paper, the MV was what i wanted many years ago....after trying one out at GC with no manual...and then trying out a mpc 2500.....i got the 2500. It was hands down easier to use and more inspiring for me to get ideas flowing.

i still use my mpc. l used to sequence on cubase, but trying to get a daw to sequence hardware is quite challenging to get the perfect feel.

When it's hip hop or r&b I just make an 8 bar loop in one of the workstations, dump it to pro tools and arrange the song there. I couldn't tell you what the perfect feel is. Never felt it in my life.

When it's hip hop or r&b I just make an 8 bar loop in one of the workstations, dump it to pro tools and arrange the song there. I couldn't tell you what the perfect feel is. Never felt it in my life.

i still use hardware primarily to put a song down in the sequencing stage and then record to cubase.

i still use hardware primarily to put a song down in the sequencing stage and then record to cubase.

So when you record it to cubase are you recording like a 4 or 8 bar loop of each part (like 8 bars for the kick, 8 bars for the bass, 8 for the snare, etc) or are you laying out the entire song in your mpc and tracking out a full song worth of kicks, a full song worth of bass, a full song worth of snares, etc?

So when you record it to cubase are you recording like a 4 or 8 bar loop of each part (like 8 bars for the kick, 8 bars for the bass, 8 for the snare, etc) or are you laying out the entire song in your mpc and tracking out a full song worth of kicks, a full song worth of bass, a full song worth of snares, etc?

i sequence an entire song and then sync the mpc to cubase so when i hit record on cubase, it triggers my mpc which then triggers my keyboards, etc.

Back