MPC SEQ vs. MV-8000

Maaaaaaaaaan. this might break some hearts... but I had to take that **** back. The MV was just not for me. That **** was hella big, mpc pads are way better, and if you have a computer already, lots of the features just take up space. Had to trade up agin. Got my 2500 back and am happy as all hell. I think the 2500 is probably the baddest mpc in the line, might be a little over priced but for its size, and my uses its damn near perfect. my studio is just about complete....sike. :) I just make better music on the 25. No offense to all you MV people.

Mpc Fo Sure!

OK, I know this is going on and on about what;s better, but you hit the nail on the head, with the MV being redundant! I have a G5 with Ableton Live and bought an MV8K about 8 months ago, i liked it but, it just seemed too busy for me and Ableton Live is cool for me for the finishing touches.

I went and bought the MPC2500 and love that joint! It just works for me (No Offense to the MV Community) whatever works for you, work that! But, for me, the simple straight forward lay it down style to the MPC is where its at! But, it is too pricey FO SURE!

IN MY OPINION OF COURSE!

kcsherrell

I'm confused. How can the MV be so feature rich that you have to take it back:confused:

its too much, too big, already have a lot of its features on my comp. Bigger screen, thought that wouldve been better but wait...all they did was cram more info in so i squint at the big scrn more than the small one. I would never perform with it, like i might with the 2500, plus all the features just makes for a much more complex interface, that would take me switching my whole format...not productive, not tryin to move laterally y'know. I still think its a badass machine just not for me.

ive owned both the MV at one point and the MPC2500 (as well as the 1000 before those)...
the majority of music i make has that dirty south flavor to it tho i dabble in all styles... i loved both machines
love sampling with the mv (tho i dont do it very often), the power of the machine, and the linear sequencing (ala Reason where you can see where everything is at, as well as the option to still do pattern type sequencing), and the sound of the machine

what i like about the mpc
a lot quicker to just jump into and get a track started, the note repeat (where you can use the function keys to swap resolutions on the fly... make nice hi hat and snare rolls in one take on the fly), and being able to easily adjust pitch etc in real time with the Q Link, where as on the MV you need to assign it to a slider, then seperate your one sound from a patch and do it up on a seperate track, you cant just roll with it like you can on the mpc with the same quickness

and now i must debate on which one i want again since i have neither on top of my studio getting jacked and starting over again lol... decisions decisions

badmind36 said:
ive owned both the MV at one point and the MPC2500 (as well as the 1000 before those)...
the majority of music i make has that dirty south flavor to it tho i dabble in all styles... i loved both machines
love sampling with the mv (tho i dont do it very often), the power of the machine, and the linear sequencing (ala Reason where you can see where everything is at, as well as the option to still do pattern type sequencing), and the sound of the machine

what i like about the mpc
a lot quicker to just jump into and get a track started, the note repeat (where you can use the function keys to swap resolutions on the fly... make nice hi hat and snare rolls in one take on the fly), and being able to easily adjust pitch etc in real time with the Q Link, where as on the MV you need to assign it to a slider, then seperate your one sound from a patch and do it up on a seperate track, you cant just roll with it like you can on the mpc with the same quickness

and now i must debate on which one i want again since i have neither on top of my studio getting jacked and starting over again lol... decisions decisions

I hear ya man. I think the MV is probably a more standalone machine than the MPC may be. It's just funny that people take it back because it has too many features and then pay more for a machine with less features, but i guess it's all about what makes them happy

that doesnt seem funny to me at all. Its about pros and cons, not which has more features or costs more. It like twice the size and thats an issue for me. Lemme ask you this...should i go with the machine that lets me do a million things at once, or one that my music sounds better on? no contest. Its all love for MV and those who love it tho.

T.One said:
that doesnt seem funny to me at all. Its about pros and cons, not which has more features or costs more. It like twice the size and thats an issue for me. Lemme ask you this...should i go with the machine that lets me do a million things at once, or one that my music sounds better on? no contest. Its all love for MV and those who love it tho.

I didn't say that. The MPC doesn't make your music sound better. It's workflow may be more to your liking, but the machine itself does what you tell it to, just as the MV will. As far as size, it's your own fault. I'm taking an assumption that you ordered it online, because a trip to the music store would show you that it is larger in size.

Honestly, I dont use either one in my setup. It all comes down to preference and obviously yours is the MPC. I use other hardware and my stuff comes out pretty good. I may eventually get one, but who knows.....but i know it will not make my music better

yeah... im not a freakin idgit man. Of course the machine is what you make it, when I said my music sounds better i thought it was obvious that I meant it because of workflow. No i didnt buy it online I'm just half retarded and didnt realize how much bigger it actually is. So anyway Im done with this banter, just wanted the last word on my own post. Stop it with the commenting. :)

T.One said:
yeah... im not a freakin idgit man. Of course the machine is what you make it, when I said my music sounds better i thought it was obvious that I meant it because of workflow. No i didnt buy it online I'm just half retarded and didnt realize how much bigger it actually is. So anyway Im done with this banter, just wanted the last word on my own post. Stop it with the commenting. :)

nope........i'm getting the last word on your post............it's a discussion board..........i have to comment:p

and where are these beats. i'm interested in hearing them now

Sayin that the music sounds better might actually make people think that there is a difference in sound tween the Roland and the Akai. Keep it funky, if you sample into an SP1200, an S950, or S900 the sound that comes out will sound better to most people.

Yo!T.One. check out www.myspace.com/trackz4sale
My name is Cash Daily and I've own my MV-8000 for 1 yr. It's the best drum machine/sampler on the market. Pricewise and Featurewise. My boy who loved the MPC 3000 more than his wife just got the MV. He sold that outdated beatbox and now the MV is the Music Production Center. He loves it 2 def! When you buy a MPC you get nothing. The MV is cocked and loaded. The onboard effects is the bizness homie! 40g Hd 128mb Ram!!!!!!!!!!!! I have my maxed out to 512mb. I can sample a song and remix it all within the MV... Can you do that with the MPC...Hell no! Get The MV Dawg!

Last edited by a moderator:
yo T One , once you cop the MV you gotta peep the vids on the MV from Mike Acosta at Roland and Madman over at MV Nation. Toooons of help and it will get you going on the MV pretty quick. Also Roland has some free drum kits to download off their site for MV users. A new TR-808mkII , and some classics like the 606 and 707.

Dam Tech said " Non destructive " Sound like Protools lol Sounds like the MV8000 is an MPC/Protools all in one. and you can hook up a LCD VGA Monitor to the MV? That sounds hot. Well I have the MPC2000xl and I am staying with it, no need to get the MV, :) The million dollar question is how many big studios carry the MV8000, in case you want to bring just your zip or disk with you.

Last edited:
DaNOC said:
Dam Tech said " Non destructive " Sound like Protools lol Sounds like the MV8000 is an MPC/Protools all in one. and you can hook up a LCD VGA Monitor to the MV? That sounds hot. Well I have the MPC2000xl and I am staying with it, no need to get the MV, :) The million dollar question is how many big studios carry the MV8000, in case you want to bring just your zip or disk with you.

There is no zip disk on the MV8000. Floppy, CD-RW, and hard drive

yeah yeah yeah, i know that the MV is a badass machine, its just not for me. I REPEAT...I know its tight, i was just overkill for me. I wanted a piece that I could incorporate into my setup and how I already make beats not change my whole format, feel me? I know im gonna catch heat for this, but that thing was for one just too damn big for my apt. and I thought I said before I wanted something I could perform with, I'd never take that joint to the club. Anyway, my decision: MPC 2500. sorry. lol.

does the MV have a carrying case? (might be a dumb question)

preciate that my dude. imma need that alot once i cop it. thanks

Back