Mpc Samples Lost

H

hypnosis

HI GUYS , I'M GLAD TO HAVE DISCOVERED THIS INFORMATIVE SITE . I AM A HOBBY D.J. WHO GOT REALLY CURIOUS AND RECENTLY PURCHASED AN MPC 20O0XL , AND NOW SPEND MORE TIME WITH THE MPC THAN WITH MY OTHER EQUIPMENT , HOWEVER I AM PUZZLED AS TO WHY DO I LOSE THE ORIGINAL SOUND THAT I SAMPLED AND SLICED TO CREATE MY OWN GROOVE AFTER I HAVE
SAVED IT TO A FLOPPY DISK . ALL I SEEM TO GET IS THE DRUM PATTERN THAT I PRESSED INTO THE DRUM PAD BUT THE PATTERN PLAYS WITH THE STANDARD SET INSTEAD OF THE SAMPLED SOUND.
ANY SOLUTIONS WOULD BE GREALY APPRECIATED .

u shudnt be losing the sound ... make sure the program with the sound in it is the one ur using ....
when u say "slice" do u mean manually or the 16 zone thing the mp has.??? hope this helps ... if not be more specific as to what ur doing and whats happening with the machine ...

trea

mpc samples lost

trea , thanks for your reply , anyway when i say slice i mean using the zone function , and to be a bit more specific , well i'll try by giving an example . let's say sampled the first six seconds of a songs intro so that i can use the 16 zones to get the kicks , hi hats & snares on separate drum pads . i then use the pads to create my own pattern and save my creation to a disk . my problem occurs when i take off the machine and decide to load up the disk at another time , when i play the sequence i do not get the kicks etc. from the sampled song but i get the pattern played back with the sound of whatever set is loaded to the mpc i.e. the sounds that i sampled are not loaded only the pettern that i pressed on the pads which are played by whatever drum set may be loaded into the mpc . i hope this helps you to help me . peace!

hyp, that is exactly how the mpc works ... it doesnt actually record those sounds into a sequence ...
it records the sequence information ( velocity, length of note and such)..

whateva sound is assigned to the drumpads at the time is what is gonna play in the sequence ...

also know that when u use the zone function i think (check ur manual to be sure!!!!!)it sets up another program.. do u still have the sample that u chopped up??? u shud be able to assign those sounds back to the pads ... i hope i helped ..

i hope u saved the program the sounds were assigned too ...

get at me

trea

p.s. thanks for the timestretch answer i was looking for something more in depth .... but that helped ...

trea , i visited sam ash in manhatten today to get some sample disks and i asked the salesguy , he was very helpful and he informed me that while i saved the sequence to disk , i was also supposed to save the sounds and programs also so that the mpc would have all the information necessary replicate my creation . i couldn't wait to get home and i did what i was told and got the results i needed . i guess that computer saying is correct "garbage in garbage out " .
thanks alot for your help trea . peace !!!

anytime dawg... but u might wanna slow down on buying sample disks .. and search the net for free samples ....

trea

treabaum said:
anytime dawg... but u might wanna slow down on buying sample disks .. and search the net for free samples ....

trea
oohhh! waste of time. It takes to long and the quality it generally really poor

it does take a long time .. but i've found some great stuff... maybe its just the "poor person" in me cuz i have a hard time paying for things that i might be able to get for free...

hypnosis, im not telling you not to buy the sample disks but just to check online for the resources ...

trea

Last edited:
if it's free ,it's for me , so trea , how about sharing some sites for getting a few good samples . while i doubt i wil stop purchasing quality samples if i am impressed and eager to start new projects , i will gladly accept any info on less expensive alternatives
.. peace .

hyp, here is my favorite ..http://www.samplenet.co.uk/

other than that u can type "wav" in a search engine ...
it might take awhile to wade thru the bullshat sites but in the long run it will be worth it ...

also check all the guys the sell sounds ... most of them give demo disks that are ok ( they have to be a bad demo doesnt convince anyone to buy)

also always check the links at a site ...

get at me if u need anymore info

trea

Back