mpc repair

beatmakernutty

i need to know any places that will fix a mpc 2000xl i know that its a spot in nj & and ca. that use to be on the akai website if you know any of these places or others if you could let me know thanks

I feel bad for you because no ones posted to help you out.

You COULD try selling it as a defected machine on ebay ( NF = not functioning )

Or you could sell the parts on ebay also.

I dont know where to turn for repairs though...

in NY
Armen's212 563 4514
251 w 30th stNew York, NY 10001

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful...don't let them con you into spending so much that you might as well buy another mpc....

I can vouch for Vst Service. Have used them for ordering spare parts - and these guys are very knowledgeable & seem like honest guys.

Prices can be high for spare parts. A lot of (simple) repair jobs you can attempt yourself (if you have basic electronic/pc servicing skills) to save you labour charges. What exactly is wrong with your MPC - maybe we can advise if you can do it DIY?

also need help with mpc 2000xl

the problem that i am having is that after you power the mpc 2000xl on the buttons do not respond to touch, please help me out if you can

Just for future reference, if all your buttons, not pads, stop working you more than likely have to have that board replaced...yes...the entire board... yea, you could replace all the tact switches...but when the hell would do that? You could pay someone...you'd be ripping yourself off... the board is 150-ish. Cheap compared to paying double that plus shipping...if thats the case, just buy another mpc...

I would recommend buying the parts and installing them yourself. It's not difficult if you have any experience with that sort of thing, and it doesn't really take very long either. I've fixed a number of MPC's myself and I'm no "expert."

Yo, did you get it fixed?

I have somewhat a similar problem, but its only the program button and load button that doesn't work. Im not sure if its the button itself that is broken, or if i only need to replace the tactswitches. I remember seeing links to where to order those, but cant remember now.. anyone know where to get those tactswithes for the 2kxl?

Its a pain not to get to load programs, there is somewhat a workaround using the save button insted.. works for loading up but very limiting (as far as i figured out) when it comes to work with programs and make slices cut eachother off and such.

Just like almost everybody else im looking to replace floppy disk with CF-card reader. anyone know the cheapest and easiest solution to do this? The machine is located in europe.

Im also missing the steelwheel around the real wheel hah, i guess you can get that from MPCstuff.com anyone know if its hard to replace for a non-mpc-educated guy like myself..?

the problem that i am having is that after you power the mpc 2000xl on the buttons do not respond to touch, please help me out if you can

Could be the motherboard or a connection wiggled free.
I've used vstservice a lot over the past 14 years and they are the most reasonable so you may
want to check there first.Although,when mine wnt out,it was cheaper to just buy another one.

Peace

Back