Mpc And Reason 4.0

T

TD Jay Project

I just bought a midi interface today just to use Reason 4.0 as a sound mod. So I remembered seeing some videos on youtube about this. Well they didnt do a good job on they at all really. I dont have a midi controller hooked up to my mpc. I just want to use the mpc by its self with reason. Well my problem is this... I opened reason and set up Adv. Midi and set the Midi Device up right. When i hit the pads on my mpc pad 1 plays chan. 2 pad 5 plays the MUTE for chan. 1. This is weird. Can someone please explain this or make a really good video.

Thanks Jay

sounds like you need to setup the notes on the MP

if it goes by CC, start at 36 and go up chromatically.

Ok i am pretty new at this whole mpc stuff. Can you explain what your saying please.

I also just tryed to use the nnxt and nothing happened at all then went back to the redrum and the same problem as my question.

got the same problem here man it seems no one wants to help people who are new to using the MP and Reason

TD Jay Project said:
Ok i am pretty new at this whole mpc stuff. Can you explain what your saying please.
What he meant is that you need to set the CC Note of each pad. The Redrum in Reason starts on CC Note 36 and goes up by a number for each pad (pad 1 is 36, pad 2 is 37, pad 3 is 38, etc.). I have only done this on my MPC2000XL and my cousin's MPC1000. Don't know what MPC you're using but it should be fairly simple to set up; look through the manual to find out how to change the pad's note values.

BostonProducer01 said:
got the same problem here man it seems no one wants to help people who are new to using the MP and Reason
He just explained it to you. He didn't explain it step by step, but he told you what needs to be done.

Back