MPC or Maschine?

UnkNowNGenius

Just wondering(totally noob) why Maschine or MPC is needed when we got softwares like Logic Pro, FL etc and can make beats from playing on the midi keyboard?

Is there better drums on the Maschine/MPC with pads?

And if Im going to buy a Maschine or MPC which one + model would you recommend? and why? I've seen the different models of MPC and cannot decide which one that is the best for me.

Which one is easier to LEARN?

Last edited:
An MPC is a Mobile Production Center, you can produce music on the fly or even at concerts (e.g. Araabmuzik). The other programs are just for production at home or in-studio. Logic Pro and such are still great programs, but they both have different purposes. Ableton Live was actually created to act as software for mobile and non-mobile producers.

Last edited:
Alrite, they say you can make a whole song on a MPC? But as much as I know, you can only make DRUMS and Sample things?

Nobody is talking about the maschine here wassup? Seems like MPC is more the ''thing'' for me too, dont know just feels like it haha, the maschine looks like a machine for kids

The MPC is cute, but it is pretty dated. Maschine is what is hot today.

[video]http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/media/?content=1195[/video]

[video]http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/media/?content=1551[/video]

I own a MPC,Maschine,Logic and i have to say they are all great for sampling. It really just depends on what kind of music you make and how you want to make it. I primarily use Logic for everything including sampling, but my brother prefers the Maschine for most of his Hip Hop production. If you only want to sample get a Maschine. If you want to use all sorts of instruments/hardware, then get a MPC or Logic. The MPC has the low bit gritty sound that is heard in most of Hip Hop sample beats. Maschine can have that sound with certain settings, but it is also a bit more useful than the MPC for creating music without samples because of all the plug in's that you can add to it. Over all i like Logic for everything except making gritty sample chop beats.
But that's just me because i like to use live instruments,hardware and software to make music. Like i said, my brother use's the Maschine for everything, but he also finalizes the project on Logic.

Here is a example of my Logic beat vs my brother's beat on Maschine.
The Natural by Jacques My Beats on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Midnight Delight by KB The Mastermind on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

^
So I guess MPC is the right choice for me, at least now i dont know about the future, they say maschine its going to be the thing but well yea, we live in present. Which MPC model would fit a newbie like me?

I don't know what kind of money you are working with but i wouldn't suggest you get a brand new MPC unless it was one of the new models that they just released. The Renaissance looks sick as FUUUx, but i really don't know much about that model since it just came out. I personally have a MPC2000 and a MPC1000. I love both of them but i would suggest you get one of these models used. Once they are used they are at least half price and almost always work fine. I got my MPC2000 at Guitar Center used for $300( fair price) and it ended up needing a new floppy disk reader after 4-5months. I got my MPC1000 Brand new and is still in great condition and is easy to use, but the pads are known for going out in a year-two years time depending on how much you use it.
You really have to decide how much money you want to spend before you purchase any of these choices to know what best suits you.

If you don't want the Renaissance then get a maschine if you want a brand new one.

MPC is dated? are guitars dated? what about drums? Dude, do you. just make good music. the listener doesn't care and most will not know how you made it.

MPC is dated? are guitars dated? what about drums? Dude, do you. just make good music. the listener doesn't care and most will not know how you made it.

I agree. It really just depends on the sound you want and what instrument you can channel your emotion's through best.

The MPC2000 is great. It may be old, but its still a beauty. Id start there, or you can go with the mainstream flow and get a Maschine.

Last edited:
The one araabmuzik is using the most on the utube vids are the mpc 2500 right? I think that one may be good

You have to forget hes one of the fastest MPC users ever, don't shoot for something overkill if your just starting out.

And yes he is using a 2500, he usually uses TWO at once though, which is still why hes a boss in my book. :cheers:

ye i know, would the MPC 2500 be something good to start out with?

It would be a great starter, but you'd better be able to keep it for a while cause its very top-of-the-line if you know what im saying. If you wanna be financially safe and make sure your gonna be using MPC's for a while then you should try the 2000 first.

I would compare the debate between the MPC and the Maschine to the Windows vs Mac debate. I would relate the Maschine to Mac and MPC to Windows. They both pretty much do the same thing. I personally like Mac and Machine better. It's all personal preference.

Last edited:
I've owned a Maschine and hated it. I've also owned a mpd24 and loved it regret selling it but bills were due. I don't need drum pads I'm content with FL and a midi controller. But if I were to get an MPC, it would be the 5000 for sure.

Back