MPC or Maschine?

The Maschine seems revolutionary but I see a pattern where many users will abandon it after they purchase it and it just sits there collecting dust. A buddy of mine purchased one a few years ago and stopped using it because he didnt like the timing compared to the mpc swing. Just look at the maschine videos on youtube. Most users dont bang out beat after beat like the MPC users do.The workflow seems cumbersome and not as fluid.

Most maschine users aren't on YouTube so how would you know

If you like to use Logic, then I wouldn't get a maschine or MPC. If you get either one it will change the way you produce and may cause you some stress in the long run. If you are a software based person then you should just buy a MPD and then map the controller to a VST sampler. This will allow you to play all of your instruments on pads, but keeps your production flow the same. If you want a new controller and software then I would go with maschine by far. I don't like the sequencer in maschine, but you can always use it as a VST. I just advise against buying a expensive controller if you already have a good process.

I see Maschine as more evolutionary. Prior to its release, Battery + MPD, Reason + MPD, etc were being used. NI just improved upon an already existing idea.

As I read through all the internet forums....there are numerous reports of issues with Maschine Studio and 2.0 software. This is not surprising to me at all. I expected some growing pains for new software especially since NI said this is completely new code. Will NI received the same scrutiny for the bugs in 2.0 as Akai has received for early MPC Software updates?

Maschine 2.0 will definitely not become like mpc software. I haven't had a single problem with it since the first update. NI is really good at making software.

mpc all day...I got a 2000xl and a 1st generation maschine. the maschine pads already are dieing and I don't hit them that hard...the mpc has a excellent hardware feel and sound but that's just me. the only think I like about maschine is how quick you can get shit done especially using it as a vst in another program. I just a biased opinion for making tracks with hardware and sequencers vs. all computer you know?

mpc all day...I got a 2000xl and a 1st generation maschine. the maschine pads already are dieing and I don't hit them that hard...the mpc has a excellent hardware feel and sound but that's just me. the only think I like about maschine is how quick you can get shit done especially using it as a vst in another program. I just a biased opinion for making tracks with hardware and sequencers vs. all computer you know?
In all fairness those are known issues on the original Maschine. The newer ones have much better pads and build quality. I just know I haven't touched or even looked at my Mpc since I got Maschine.

I think everyone has given you a lot good insight as to which you may want to go with, but I think I have an excellent suggestion for you homie. Instead of spending that chunk of money on MPC2500, get a Maschine Mikro Mk2 and a used MPC2000xl. This way you have the best of both worlds for under $700. Don't worry about the used MPC going up on....you can get any replacement parts you need from mpcstuff.com for cheap. You don't have to be a member of the geek squad to do your own MPC repairs either. I thought the Maschine looked like a kids toy too at first...it's not

I think everyone has given you a lot good insight as to which you may want to go with, but I think I have an excellent suggestion for you homie. Instead of spending that chunk of money on MPC2500, get a Maschine Mikro Mk2 and a used MPC2000xl. This way you have the best of both worlds for under $700. Don't worry about the used MPC going up on....you can get any replacement parts you need from mpcstuff.com for cheap. You don't have to be a member of the geek squad to do your own MPC repairs either. I thought the Maschine looked like a kids toy too at first...it's not
Don't waste your money on a Mikro

Back