MPC inputs

H

huevos

Anyone know how to use a mixer as an input to an MPC 2000xl? The input ports on the MPC aren't RCA but headphone jacks so it makes me wonder if I go from headphone on mixer to the MPC.

You can just either get a rca cable and two 1/4" adapters or a rca to 1/4" cable.

Pase said:
You can just either get a rca cable and two 1/4" adapters or a rca to 1/4" cable.
Yup. I'd recommend just getting 1/4 to rca cables, readily avaiable btw.

A quick tip....When dealing with cables, look at the two devices you are hooking up, find what you need on each side, then look on the net if they have that type of cable. For most common things they do. I may sound kind of like an ass but it's that simple really.

i use adapters when i don't have the right cable. i think the actual cable is better, but i doubt you'll hear a serious difference in quality if you use the adapters.

barton said:
i use adapters when i don't have the right cable. i think the actual cable is better, but i doubt you'll hear a serious difference in quality if you use the adapters.

I find adapters generally aren't worth the trouble...I do use them when I have to, but quality of adapters are like quality of cables...some are better than others.

I have issues with faulty adapters more than faulty cables...just my experience...they are still handy to have around, but I'd go ahead and buy the right cables if you have to money....

Back