mpc - does it mix master ?

M

mikeklein

i read each pad has an effects mixer attached to it........ anyway

my question is............ can i mix/master my beats INSIDE the mpc....... or do i have to do it OUTSIDE the mpc

i DONT want to use ANY computer....... NO computer..... NO software

i want to make my beats............ and mix/master all with hardware

how can i do this please

thanks

You can do some rudimentary mixing - there's level & pan for each pad, basic filtering and the 1K has a global eq & some fx - but that's about it. Even the big ones (4K/5K) are pretty limited as mixing environments. If you're willing to either process your samples beforehand, or hook it up to a mixer and do some resampling as you go, you can do a lot more. But in general, they're not really magic boxes that output a final products. Mastering...not really, no.

But of course mixing/mastering can be done without computers - it's just a lot more effort & most people find DAW environments pretty comfortable after they realize how much work it is to actually work completely in the non-computer hardware domain.

ok........ is it possible to rout each sound from my beat into a multi-track recorder...... and then mix/master the sounds in the multi-track recorder ?

To some degree, yes. The MPCs have a varying number of individual outputs which can be used for this.

Back