Mpc 4000 users what is Ak sys???

I just read up on this program. Is it similar to that program for the mpc 1000 that lets you load up all your drums and set your pads on the computer.. and also how do i make logic see the mpc on my mac? I heard you can do that also with Ak sys.?

please only serious responses...

Ak.sys is a program for controlling your sampler from your PC.

I've never used it with a 4000, but i use it all the time with the S5000 rack sampler. It basically duplicates every aspect of the front panel via a computer GUI.

Its much more than MPC Editor; but having said that - i dont know the exact implementation between a 4k and Ak.sys. Im sure there's an enlightened user on mpcforums.com

good luck.

nope its not.

as i said, on the S5k it completely reproduces the front panel & you can control every aspect of the sampler in real time via a computer GUI

on the 4k, aksys allows for file/sample management and program creation and editing, you can edit the keygroups, filters, all that jazz

you do not get a representation of the front panel like on the s5000, they never got it that far, so basically it's a dedicated editor for the 4k

saintjoe said:
on the 4k, aksys allows for file/sample management and program creation and editing, you can edit the keygroups, filters, all that jazz

you do not get a representation of the front panel like on the s5000, they never got it that far, so basically it's a dedicated editor for the 4k

Thanks for that. I did suspect that ak.sys might have been a little 'unfinished'.... bit like the 4k itself.

Ak.sys is the bomb for the s5/6k tho :)

lol, yeah, I guess it is "unfinished" but still, with all the features that didn't get implemented...it's one beast of a machine!! :)

Back