Mpc 2000xl Question?

W

Whoa718

Can you add effects like Low Pass Filter, High Pass, etc. , on the MPC 2000xl itself ??

Well..

The stock filters on the 2000 and XL are not really as functional as a true high pass or low pass filter. You can do it if you buy the overpriced FX card for 'em though...that joint has an EQ in it. The typical filters on a 2000XL allow you to filter out high's and add more 'resonance' to sounds to boost the presence of the high frequencies. They are more or less based on the same filters as the 3000.

So the cut and dry answer is: Yes, with the FX card you can add an EQ and have greater control of your frequency range. However, I would research the EQ in the FX card and check to see how much control you actually have. Most DAW plug in EQs allow for more flexible EQ capability. For high pass the EPS-16+ and ASR-10 are a little more drastic. I have not found an equivalent built-in filter on an MPC like those. But for low pass, the MPC filter is pretty good for those old school Pete Rock/Large Pro filtered bass lines and taking the nasty high's out of kicks, basses, and 808's.

WOW THANKS FOR THE VALUABLE INFO....That's all I needed...I was more interested in the LOW pass filtering on the MPC cause I kind of want that Pete Rock type sound....Again Thanks.

icon7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back