MPC 2000xl mixer- increasing volume of individual sounds

ABSiNT

When playing with mpc's mixer function, I select channel 1 which contains my kick and then I increase the db. Oddly enough, the whole sequences db increases instead of just the kick. Is it possible to increase the db of individual sounds on the mpc2000xl?

if you increase the volume of channel 1 on the mixer of the MPC it will only increase the volume of channel 1. You must have more things assigned to that channel.

if you increase the volume of channel 1 on the mixer of the MPC it will only increase the volume of channel 1. You must have more things assigned to that channel.

The problem I'm having is that I need the volume to be even louder than that. It seems the only way to do that is to increase the db which cause every sound to be increased.

Going along with what Kojak said. You must have other your other channels triggering from the program you have set in channel 1.

You can either give each track in your MPC it's own discreet program. As in assigning each track it's own channel and program. This would allow you to make changes that only reflect that particular channel. *Something worth getting in the habit if you don't have any mute groups doing on.

But in the short run this will help you out. This explains how to make changes to the individual note

Capture.jpg

Download the manual.

The problem I'm having is that I need the volume to be even louder than that

Once your channel you want to increase is at 100%, you must turn down the other sounds so you can increase the overall volume.

Back