MPC 2000XL+Korg Triton studio questions

coco2888

Hey guys ive had my mpc for a few months loaded with drum samples n programs n i know the basics of using it and i just got a korg triton classic. I wanna make some nice beats with the both of them and get my own lil studio going. but im a little unfamilar on what else i exactly need to make this combo work in terms of wires and other equipment. Ive heard i need midi cables n audio cables n a mixer? Ive never owned a mixer so can some one point out exactly what type or point me in the right direction? Also i hear i should get either logic or pro tools n hook up my mpc n triton or somethin. Exactly what hardware and/or wires do i need to make all this work because right now im puzzled. Id love to hear any suggestions or recommendationS. Big Thank U to any1 who can help!!!

U need to focus your attention on a decent audio interface...dont know ur budget but do your research and im sure u can find something. Usually interfaces come with midi ins and outs..figure out what ur needs are and pick something in ur budget

I need something that will let me connect my triton n mpc to pro tools. Should i be looking for an audio midi interface?

midi cables to hook up triton to mpc, triton set as the slave mpc as the master and yes a mixer if you dont wanna have your computer on all the time when you are working on beats, if you also wanna work with plugins then go the interface route, I use ableton Live which I think is great and real mpc friendy i use it as a module and sequence through my mpc2000xl,but thats more personal preference,pro tools wasnt my thing. There is a good video to watch on how to link up your triton to your mpc. On you tube search type in "ona1r mpc triton", you should find it from there the dudes name is chad bonnano, I would post the link but it wont let me.
any questions hit me up PEACE

At this point i just want to go the cheapest and quickest route so i can start bangin out some beats with my keys n mpc. I got monitors also, so all i feel i need is a way to mix n hear all the sounds together and what not. I prefebally dont mind cpu workflow since i used to work with FL studio. Ableton Live sounds like a good program to try. So what exactly would you guys recommend i shop for online? Something that is fairly reasonably priced, user friendly, and the best route to go? Mixer suggestions or midi audio interface suggestions would be great. TY!!

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Basically what piece of equpiment do i need to hook my mpc and triton up to my cpu so i can track and mix them in either pro tools logic or ableton live and also use some virtual sounds from DAW programs? I also like the idea of having external faders and knobs to control the DAW if possible. Plzz give me suggestions im lost!!! Thank You

1 midi cord to go from midi out of your triton to midi in of mpc. one mixer I would recomend at least 4 channels behringer is a cheap route to go if your just starting $100's or so. Thats it as long as you have monitors. Connecting to your CPU gets tricky for a noob but not hard once you know what your doing. There's alot of tutorials on you tube on how to do this. This is what I use...Roland UM1g midi to usb interface, digi design m box 2 which I dont recomend it sucks IMO. Thats it. The only thing is you get into driver issues and what not, Cpu headaches will get in the way of making beats. But that depends on you, watch the video I recomended Get the mpc2000xl manual online and read Chapter 12,get the triton manual online and read the midi section. Midi is just data no sound. You will always have to have your audio outputs hooked up to hear sound, pretty basic but many people get confused when starting out with midi. Good Luck hit me up with more specific questins after you have attempted this. Also mpc-forums discusses this issue quite well. have fun...........PEACE

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Ill try to make a video showing my set up if I get time

I was doing some research and i was considering The Behringer X1204USB or other behringer models like the 502 802 1002 1202 with xenyx. But what does xenyx mean? Any thoughts on whether or not i need the X1204 or is the 502 sufficient?

Back