MPC 2000xl or 1000

cporea226

should i sell my 2000xl to get a 1000? i'm researching alot and i'm hearing alot about the 1000 i guess because its more present but i just want to know should i sell my 2000xl for the 1000. Yes mine has the card reader on it.

Is your 2000XL maxed out with memory and if so, do you find that you need more memory to do your music? If the answer is yes, and you find that the memory shortage is cramping your creativity, then I would say upgrade to the 2500 if you ca or the 1000 if u need the lower price, but keep in mind you are loosing a couple features as well going down to the 1000; tilt screen, full size pads with better feel (IMO), etc....

Also, do you have the card reader option in your XL? If you do then you can utilize 2GB Cards. I had the 2500 until it got jacked a couple weeks ago and it had the CD/DVD, Hard Drive and Card Reader, but all I ever used was the card reader! I stored some drums on the HD, but less than 1GB and those would easily fit on a 2gb card anyway, so if you have the Card Reader on your XL, you have all the storage you will need IMO.

Now, I'm using the 2000XL until I get my insurance check and get another 2500, but I would rather have a 2000XL with a card reader than a 1000, but that is my opinion and you know what they say? "Opinions are like asssholes, everybody has one and some smell worse than others"!

PEACE

kcsherrell

J-Rock Productions said:
what? i dont get it. why would yuoo go from a 2000xl to a mpc 1000? someone please help me out here.

The 1000 with the jjos has about as many features as a 2500.
However the pads are considered superior on the 2000, and for what most people are doing (chopping, and sequencing) the 2kxl has enough to get the job done.

Mattman04 said:
The 1000 with the jjos has about as many features as a 2500.
However the pads are considered superior on the 2000, and for what most people are doing (chopping, and sequencing) the 2kxl has enough to get the job done.

Im getting an mpc real soon. which one would be best for me then?

Back