MPC 1000 vs MPC 2000xl, which is better?

ego killer

which one of these is a better sampler? i'm familiar with the 1000 already but it got ****ed up in a car crash, i can get both for roughly the same price. i'm willing to put the time in to learn the 2000xl if it is better.

the 1000 is newer and has more features the 2000xl isn't much older and imo feels better than the 1000. It really depends on what you want.

The MV-8000 will require you to use a PC, whereas the 1000 / 2000xl is standalone.

Honestly, I would go with the 1000. It has more RAM capability (128MB vs 2000XL's 32MB) and you can put a HDD in the 1000, where the 2000XL uses floppy and expensive SCSI drives.

wait what? since when does either MV require a computer?

/misinformed-posting
Whoops.
Didn't read through the product page entirely. Saw the monitor in there and thought it was just another controller interface. Apologies.
Now that I see that, makes me want one.

/misinformed-posting
Whoops.
Didn't read through the product page entirely. Saw the monitor in there and thought it was just another controller interface. Apologies.
Now that I see that, makes me want one.
yeah the monitor option was an add on. In 2004 the MV 8k was supposed to be the mpc killer but it didn't work out. Idk why most ppl I know with a MV really love them I always took the mpc series over the rolands but I really only like Roland synths mainly the vintage ones like Junos and Jupiters

When it comes to these two machines you should base your decision on OS functionality, because if you decide in favor of the MPC1000 you can latter add a cheap rack sampler such as an S2000/S3000 that is quite comparable to the MPC2000 in terms of sound.

If you want to keep it simple... MPC 1000 + JJ OS.
The black 1000's have better pads sensors, you can upgrade the internal HD easier and biggest selling point for me is the JJ Operating System upgrade.

And this is coming from someone who has an MPC2000XL and MV-8000.

Last edited:
Back