MPC 1000 MIDI connection question?

Unfortunately the MPC 1000 is one of the few hardware devices where the USB port doesn't negate the need for a separate MIDI interface, so you will definitely need to buy one.

A MIDI to USB cable "is" a MIDI interface, and while inexpensive you kind of get what you pay for, and if you feel you will also need an audio interface I would definitely recommend killing two birds with one stone by getting one that is both an audio and MIDI interface.

What software and kind of computer are you using?

Unfortunately the MPC 1000 is one of the few hardware devices where the USB port doesn't negate the need for a separate MIDI interface, so you will definitely need to buy one.

A MIDI to USB cable "is" a MIDI interface, and while inexpensive you kind of get what you pay for, and if you feel you will also need an audio interface I would definitely recommend killing two birds with one stone by getting one that is both an audio and MIDI interface.

What software and kind of computer are you using?
Ive actually changed my mind, im getting a personal computer, Ive been sharing one with my dad and older brother, not enabling me to download anything and limited use among other restrictions. (the downloading restriction has been a real setback with sounds and samples) and it would just be more convenient

Back