MPC 1000 MANUAL for UNOFFICIAL OS

nope you dont have to do anything extra it should play all wav sounds i think people said something before about the wavs have to be at some type of bit rate

ROMIL said:
I have the mpc1000 and im having problems loading wav files to the track. I dont hear anything for some reason. is their a certain procedure for loading wav files that im missing

please post a new discussion ... this discussion is only about the english manual for the unofficial OS of the MPC1000

thank you

I'm planning on buying an MPC 1000, and I was wondering, does this OS work on the "old" version. because I believe it is version 1.0..it's black, if that makes a difference

Horatio said:
I'm planning on buying an MPC 1000, and I was wondering, does this OS work on the "old" version. because I believe it is version 1.0..it's black, if that makes a difference

Old MPC1000 is blue, actually.

Newer is black.

they are THE SAME mpc, exactly.

so it will work :)

oh great, thanks. yeah that's an improvement, the blue made it look kind of like a toy, this black makes it look like a bad ass machine.

Horatio said:
oh great, thanks. yeah that's an improvement, the blue made it look kind of like a toy, this black makes it look like a bad ass machine.

Thats why I'm painting mine crazy colors. Got a good deal on the Blue/Red MPC 1000 and I'm decking it out with slime green and blinding yellows to make it even more ridiculous looking. Basically it is a toy, the real instrument is you. If you suck, so does your music.

Anyways... I'm real interested in the JJ OS. Is it free or what? Where can I get it?

anyone out their please help me connect my mpc 1000 to my gemini turntables.

please don't post genereal mpc questions in this discussion... this is about the UNOFFICIAL MPC OS MANUAL

new questions should be posted as NEW DISCUSSIONS

thank you.

(welcome to FP!)

The link is not working for me, such peril... what pain... I need this.

Thanks Stan, it sounds like alot of effort... I cant wait to DL as soon as i can get to the URL

Respect.

mano 1 said:
He is talking about a more recent UNOFFICIAL OS that some japanese people have made...

This newer OS has TONS and TONS of new features... it is actually amazing IMHO... You get close to an MPC2500 on your mpc1000!

so is it just not worth getting the 2500 with the OS available?

I dont have enough experience with the 2500 to be sure. This unofficial OS for the 1000 is definitely amazing. I think they also talk about making an unofficial OS for the 2500 on their site... Perhaps that would make the 2500 still attractive.

mano 1 said:
I dont have enough experience with the 2500 to be sure. This unofficial OS for the 1000 is definitely amazing. I think they also talk about making an unofficial OS for the 2500 on their site... Perhaps that would make the 2500 still attractive.

if you had to have one, but only one --which......................?

thnx. I'm also leaning that way. but people on this board have me thinking used may not be the way to go anymore. pad wear and all. we'll see

Last edited:
Any word as to whether version 3 or 4.xx of this Japanese OS fixes the USB issue?

Tell me if you've experienced this: when I connect my 1000 to the PC via USB, I am able to transfer files to/from it fine. However when I disconnect the device in windows and try to go back to songmaking, it remains on the USB connection screen, leaving it actively frozen.

I talked to Akai tech support and the guy was able to replicate it on every MPC 1000 he could find so it's a definite defect of some sort. But whether or not Akai will fix it is another story. But if this Japanese OS addresses the issue then that may be an alternative.

Any thoughts?

Back