MPC 1000 MANUAL for UNOFFICIAL OS

S

stansteez

(EDIT BY MANO: This manual is for the UNOFFICIAL OS, NOT the one from Akai)

JJ-OS Documentation::: Home of the JJ-OS .pdf Manual!

JJOS 1 Manual Rev.3.5, FINAL VERSION (w/o DAW Tutorials)

>> JJ OS1 Manual Rev. 3.5 [.pdf; 2.54 MB; Release Date: 05/22/2008]

Hard Facts:::
  • - 49 Pages of in-depth coverage for OS1
    - 250 Screen shots
    - Tips & Tricks
    - Links
    - INDEX
ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOw thank you for doing this!

Are you in touch with them? I'd like to contact them to do an interview on FP, but they dont have any email info on their site...

sticki'ed this one for now - i say for nwo because eventually I'd like to simply feature your manual in an episode of the FP SHOW, showing off the new MPC1000 OS from these guys (I WANT TO CONTACT THEM!), and telling people to download your manual...

You can attach files to your FP Posts you know right? This way you dont need to worry about hosting / bandwidth, FP handles it :)

talk soon...

Damn... "recordable track mutes"... pure genius... this is something I thought should be possible the first day I got my MPC.

Mann it just rocks...

MMC + MTC sync in/out !!!! (time to drive Cubase with those big buttons! bye bye mouse!)

AUTO CHROMATIC ASSIGNMENT woooooow

Last edited:
THanks Stansteez for sharing this.. You could have just made it for yourself to use and said the hell with the rest of us. I appreciate the time and the effort.
THanks again.

Good idea

I actually havent had a chance to download and try it yet (!)

I did spend some time having fun with my MPC1000+CASIO SK1+Turntable last night though :)

I recently had surgery on my shoulder and had all my music stuff unplugged... Couldn't even type on the computer... I'm back :)

mano 1 said:
WOw thank you for doing this!

Are you in touch with them? I'd like to contact them to do an interview on FP, but they dont have any email info on their site...

sticki'ed this one for now - i say for nwo because eventually I'd like to simply feature your manual in an episode of the FP SHOW, showing off the new MPC1000 OS from these guys (I WANT TO CONTACT THEM!), and telling people to download your manual...

You can attach files to your FP Posts you know right? This way you dont need to worry about hosting / bandwidth, FP handles it :)

talk soon...

Damn... "recordable track mutes"... pure genius... this is something I thought should be possible the first day I got my MPC.

Mann it just rocks...

MMC + MTC sync in/out !!!! (time to drive Cubase with those big buttons! bye bye mouse!)

AUTO CHROMATIC ASSIGNMENT woooooow

Yo, Mano!
Thanks for turning my Thread into a sticky one! I like the idea of featuring my manual on the fp show and appreciate this much. But before you do this feature thing we need to talk about some concerns I have on a PM basis, u know?

As with my connections to JJ, I am not affiliated to them. I just started this thing on my own, because I wanted to have a real manual in printed form lying next to me. After the first Verision was done in September, I sent JJ a link and they liked it very well:

"I looked at PDF which you created.It is very wonderful! We do not have the ability to create PDF. This will be very helpful to the user of MPC1000. Time is required for the check of correction to a slight degree. Because, a programmer is busy with bug correction.
It is because I am not good at English. The photograph of LCD is due to be changed into BMP in the near future. Use freely.
I appreciate your work."

Otherwise I am not in steady contact with them. I think these guys try to stay a lil bit out of the light, because of the unknown heritage of the OS... I don't want to go into this too deep, I am only speculating.

So thank again... Please get at me in PM, then I can also give JJ's email address... PEACE

when I downloaded the new os. I also downloaded the manual right from the akai sight. is there a newer update than 2.0

Rahsim said:
when I downloaded the new os. I also downloaded the manual right from the akai sight. is there a newer update than 2.0

He is talking about a more recent UNOFFICIAL OS that some japanese people have made...

This newer OS has TONS and TONS of new features... it is actually amazing IMHO... You get close to an MPC2500 on your mpc1000!

whats the link for the new os update? I got the newest Akai update1.22 can I go to the Japanese update from there? Or do i got to get another one.

Last edited:
correct me if im wrong but do they want $30 u.s for the 4.12 firmware.dont start bashing im asking this cuz the english on the site is kind of spotty .if its a real big leap towards the 2500 then i think its worth it kind of sucks that you would have to pay tho. anyway let me know before i download it an mess my mpc up lol

sludem said:
correct me if im wrong but do they want $30 u.s for the 4.12 firmware.dont start bashing im asking this cuz the english on the site is kind of spotty .if its a real big leap towards the 2500 then i think its worth it kind of sucks that you would have to pay tho. anyway let me know before i download it an mess my mpc up lol

Time for som food for thought here:
  1. There is a stripped down free Version of the OS (3.xx) which lacks some features like MTC and MMC and other stuff, but is still free. OS 4.xx is also a free download. Only the save option has to be unlocked. So you can test it as long as you want. And switching forth and back between AKAI and JJ-OS does not screw your settings.
  2. I am wondering what in the world the abillity to speak english has to do with the quality of your programming-skills? How well is your japanese by the way?
  3. What's more expensive, buying a mpc 2500 or the new OS?
  4. Why should somebody not want to pay for good work that turns out to be a well crafted product which enhances your possibilities to be creative? Since AKAI was taken over by Numark, they lack proper support for the mpc 1000...

I have the mpc1000 and im having problems loading wav files to the track. I dont hear anything for some reason. is their a certain procedure for loading wav files that im missing

Back