MPC 1000 MANUAL for UNOFFICIAL OS

I was real skeptical about getting this thing. But man I save alot of sample chopping time with this thing, it is off da chain, and has alot of features. It is worth more than 30 dollars, I just need a good manual and im straight.

Manual is coming in the next days... the global program edit is slowing the work down, because it's a feature complicated to write a description for...

For those in doubt about the JJ OS, check out this os comparison chart (part of the manual)

stansteez.com/comparison.pdf

stansteez said:
Manual is coming in the next days... the global program edit is slowing the work down, because it's a feature complicated to write a description for...

For those in doubt about the JJ OS, check out this os comparison chart (part of the manual)

stansteez.com/comparison.pdf

is echo and ring modulation in jj os? i saw it on their site, but cant find it in my mpc.
this OS is a must have:victory:

i also dont see the bit converter. ive had the paid version for a month. are these brand new features?

Last edited:
Ring Modulation as well as a bit and sample rate converter can be found in the EDIT section of TRIM MODE...

NEW pre-release version! (about 80 per cent done)
stansteez.com/JJOSv4.7x_manual_pre-release.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
any body use the mpc with an mbox, or something similar. If so do you know if you have your mpc set to slave, will it mess up your timing of your sequences when your recording your trax down in protools. because it seems like im off beat when i listen to the recorded trax, but when im making them their tight.

Ok this thing must have some type of bug, because its erased my work twice. I had all my trax down ready to export then it just erased all of em. the new OS imma have to contact them about his one!!waiste of time.

Last edited:
Erased from where while doing what? Never heard of such problems before.

Well I hope I did something wrong. but what happened was I had 1 seq then did another. next thing I know, when I erased 1 the other was gone. I honestly dont think this has a bug, and I hope not but I will have to try again and see what happens, I dont want to discourage any of u from getting this, the new Os is alot more advanced. I just got angry at the fact I really dont know what happened to my sequence.

I think, you really did something wrong! When I copy/duplicate Sequences and delete another one or the original, all other sequences remain intact. Maybe you just pressed "ALL Seq" after delete accidentally?!

The new home for the latest releases of the JJ Manual: jjmanual.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to sound retarded but excuse me for being a newb! How exactly do I update my mpc to this new OS? I have downloaded the .bin file to my desktop (using a mac)

ecko72db said:
This is going to sound retarded but excuse me for being a newb! How exactly do I update my mpc to this new OS? I have downloaded the .bin file to my desktop (using a mac)
put the Bin file on a CF card. insert card in mpc, hold down windowbutton and power on.

please help!I having a problem open the link for the manual from my pc. Im getting prompt say this.....

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404

<ADDRESS>
Sat Sep 8 19:22:25 2007
Apache/2.0.46 (Linux/SuSE)
</ADDRESS>

I'M TRYING TO GET THE THREAD BY RIGHT-CLICKING ON IT AND CLICK ON "SAVE TARGET AS" BUT i STILL CAN'T GET THE THREAD. HELP ME OUT.

help a brother out i just download the free jj os & its da **** but slice ist f6 how do i chop into regions or do i need 2 upgrade to the latest OS

hey anyone have luck on using the auto chromatic sample assignment. because the manual is a lil confusing on explaining how u would set it up on a track doing a sequence. Like I was thinking it would be like using 16 levels, as to like u can turn it off when ur done and onto the next track but Im a lil lost on that

ROMIL said:
any body use the mpc with an mbox, or something similar. If so do you know if you have your mpc set to slave, will it mess up your timing of your sequences when your recording your trax down in protools. because it seems like im off beat when i listen to the recorded trax, but when im making them their tight.

This problem exists period...whenever you make a track on an external sequencer then track into the computer with you DAW as master and MPC/Triton/whatever as slave...there is generally a timing issue. You need to set you MPC as master while tracking out, so your timing stays right. I use a Triton and run into the same issues. There are other ways to get around it, but just using the MPC as master eliminates the problem!

Back