MPC 1000 MANUAL for UNOFFICIAL OS

Yes the JJ OS has got a better USB management: Now you can enable and disable the USB function of the MPC itself without pulling plugs and stuff like that. I suggest you to try out that OS to check if the proble remains. OS 3.06 is for free. http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/

beats_by_cav said:
Any word as to whether version 3 or 4.xx of this Japanese OS fixes the USB issue?

Tell me if you've experienced this: when I connect my 1000 to the PC via USB, I am able to transfer files to/from it fine. However when I disconnect the device in windows and try to go back to songmaking, it remains on the USB connection screen, leaving it actively frozen.

I talked to Akai tech support and the guy was able to replicate it on every MPC 1000 he could find so it's a definite defect of some sort. But whether or not Akai will fix it is another story. But if this Japanese OS addresses the issue then that may be an alternative.

Any thoughts?

i dont have a computer right now and i was wondering with the new jj upgrade can i pull off a decent mix.

Last edited:
when I connect my 1000 to the PC via USB, I am able to transfer files to/from it fine. However when I disconnect the device in windows and try to go back to songmaking, it remains on the USB connection screen, leaving it actively frozen.

hmmm... did you "safely remove hardware" on your pc? i just got the new j.j. upgrade and i haven't had an issue like that yet...

Last edited:
j burner said:
i dont have a computer right now and i was wondering with the new jj upgrade can i pull off a decent mix.

You probably wouldnt want to but you could...The JJ upgrade gives you soooo much, The upgrade is def worth it. I dont think anyone would say the regret getting it.

Guys, the link doesn't work to the MPC manual. Could someone drop me one that works, or is it just outdated?

thanks

Hey is there any other way I could download this manual? My computer won't download it this way....

Please let me know!

i am trying all the links in this thread but none of them are working i even googled it but i still cant seem to find the page can anybody help me

Y-ROC said:
no i mean the manual link. it wont let me save it. i have a mac...its not working

Click the link in his sig, not in the first post. The first post has the 1.1 revision. That's gone. In his sig is the link for the 2.0 version.

ANNOUNCEMENT: VERSION 4.xx MANUAL COMING THIS WEEKEND.

PS: I'm sorry for the old link not working, but I don't hav admin rights to edit the original post. So for now use the Link in my signature to get verison 2 of the manual. But I suggest to wait for the next release!
PEACE

stansteez said:
(EDIT BY MANO: This manual is for the UNOFFICIAL OS, NOT the one from Akai)

What's up people I just stopped by to let y'all know that I created a pdf Manual for the new MPC 1000 OS by this japanese crew refered to as JJ. It includes almost all the new features which were added to the OS. So if you installed this OS on your MPC 1000, this might be useful to you.

PEACE.

THE FILE:::

http://web6.vz7164.evanzo-server.de/klasuslex/JJOS4.xxMANUAL_rev1.1.pdf

>> right click "save target as..."
>> Link won't outdate...

PS: This is not the final version. Updates will follow along with the next releases of the OS!

what are the different features on the OS?

kahliljn said:
what are the different features on the OS?

In my signature you will find a feature comparison chart of the AKAI and JJ-OS. There you will find all the features of the new OS. It was taken out of the new manual for version 4.7x I am woking on at the moment. I am trying to finish it this weekend.
Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links in the message box itself. The system says I don't have the rights to post links as part of spam protection. Maybe Mano can enable me to post links again?!

Bye

Is there a similar unofficial OS for the MPC2000

Hey ppl...does anyone know of a similar utility for the MPC 2K out there?? the current OS is rdden with bugs, and it has so many functionalities that can be sorted out with a simple OS update...BTW is there anything more recent than the 1.72 out there? the world needs more ppl like the programmer team from japan....kudos

stansteez said:
ANNOUNCEMENT: VERSION 4.xx MANUAL COMING THIS WEEKEND.

PS: I'm sorry for the old link not working, but I don't hav admin rights to edit the original post. So for now use the Link in my signature to get verison 2 of the manual. But I suggest to wait for the next release!
PEACE

When is the new 1 out man?

Back