MPC 1000 to korg triton connect question.

ASA WAYNE

Hows it going,
Im hoping this is the right section to post this, but here it goes. I have connected my mpc 1000 to my korg triton. I have my midi connections correct. When I record the sounds from the triton into the mpc, I can hear the notes over the beats from the mpc in the main screen. But when I try to record the converted song into the mpc as a sample in main out so I record it as a sample for export into my computer, all I hear is the beats from inside the mpc and I dont hear the notes from the korg triton. This is confusing the hell out of me how I can hear everything playback in the main screen, but when I record it in the record screen main out, the notes from the triton disappear?????????????? I have been trying to figure this out for 4 days now, and its getting very frustrating. I need some help and hopefully someone has fixed this issue and can help me figure it out. Thanks for any help.

ASA WAYNE BEAT MAKER

Try to connect the audio outs from the triton to the record ins on the MPC.

There is no sound generated by MIDI instruments. MIDI connections allow one MIDI instrument to transmit info to another, executing commands in the second.

If you want to record audio samples from the Triton, connect as instructed above.

Do your research, yo.

Peace.

thanks for the reply Red Beerd. I bought another pair of 1/4 inch audio cables. Connected from the Triton Audio outs to the MPc record ins. I can hear the notes from the Triton fine while Im creating the beat. I can even hear it while its recording main out, but when I get to the screen that says keep, retry, all I hear is the beat pattern I made in the MPC and the notes from the Triton are gone. I was sure your solution would fix the problem, but I still got the same problem. Do I need a Daw in order to export, all I want to do is get the complete beat on the computer so my homeboys can hear it. Im making these fresh ass beats and Im the only one who can hear them, shit is frustrating. Hit me back Red Beerd, I really need to figure this out. Thanks again.

Ok, I guess i need to rephrase my question. I have everything hooked up exactly like that. I hear everything playback exactly as I record it in the sequence. I am able to put my song together in song mode with my beat programed from my mpc and notes from my sequencer from my triton. My problem is, I cant export the complete beat. How can export my beat from out of the MPC to the computer with the notes from the triton. Do I need a DAW. I thought I would be able to resample through the main outs like I do when I make a sample based beat with just the MPC. I want to thank you for trying to help me out, but my problem is not in hooking up midi and getting sound, its in exporting the final song when its complete. I have searched everywhere and have found nothing on this subject and thats why its so frustrating. Do I need protools or cubase to do this. Im stuck. Thanks again.

Back