MPC 1000 crash debacle. Help please.

Folklore

MPC1000, OS 2.01 running...

I had two programs open, and attempted to erase a track in sequence mode, which triggered a crash...wingdings, japanese script, et al. When I re-opened one of the sequences, it had been corrupted...it muted 3/4 of a measure on certain tracks, but said tracks are on, or were. I attempted to erase and re-record on the corrupted tracks, no dice. I tried a different tracks...it worked until I saved the program and sequence and re-booted, at which point the sequence file reverted to the initial corrupted file (it wasn't saved to the compact flash card like I told it). I tried a new program and sequence, saved it all, re-booted, and tried to open the new program from the flash card drive and received a "File not found" message. The program screen showed no samples, but the same odd wingdings and japanese script, the levels were at 200 and 175, etc instead of 100 or below. The samples, however, are intact and audible.

I loaded the OS version 2.11, but have yet to tinker further (at work). Anybody had a similar experience? Is the new OS more stable? What to do? Akai is un-contactable, and I've been through three operator gauntlets. Anyone got a number?

the Akai OS is complete junk. i just posted the same thing in someone else's thread. the JJ OS made my machine ten times better, everything is improved layout, navigation, all that.

Nukai or whatever it's called now, has proven they don't care about customers, but why do you think they haven't had the jj OS site shutdown yet? It's selling units, thats why.

Flash Still Compatible?

Word. I'd like to hit somebody.

Am I going to be able to load files from my compact flash card formatted for the Akai OS if I switch to the JJ OS?

Thanks.

Folklore said:
Word. I'd like to hit somebody.

Am I going to be able to load files from my compact flash card formatted for the Akai OS if I switch to the JJ OS?

Thanks.

YES your songs will load up just fine in the JJ OS from older OS. Now i don't know about the ones you saved and had problems with.

Also have you tried to reset your mpc? Hopefully that will clear up all the drama you are having with the files acting up and seeing the crazy fonts.

Last edited:
Back