MPC 1000 - CF Card Issues..

karledwards

Seems like I've been havin problems since about 2 months ago w/ anything to do w/ the CF card/slot. My 2GB card which worked fine, just completely stopped working. My MPC would freeze up as soon as I hit the load/save screen. Then when I took the memory card out it unfroze. I've searched everywhere online since then and of course haven't found no solution. I just got uh new memory card the other day, Sandisk 32MB, and it works slightly, but it's buggy. All I can do pretty much is load samples up one by one. I can't load programs, nothin.. First I tried the BlueBox ones, then ones I could save on the MPC. When I load em though my MPC completely freezes.

So I ordered the Akai HDM-10, aka HD adapter Kit, about uh month & uh half ago. Of course they were out of stock so I've been waitin forever. I already got the HD for it. I could go on and on, but basically I just wanted to know if anybody has had any problem similar and if gettin the HD 'fixed' it? Sucks cause this shit put my production almost to uh complete stop..

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I was on MPC-forums while I was postin this. I just put my 32MB SanDisk CF card in uh USB CF Reader. Formatted and checked for disk errors. Now it works like uh charm. I autoloaded uh pgm from BlueBox, saved uh Project and loaded it up again. That's crazy.. Cain't wait for this HDM-10. If anybody got any problems hmu.

---------- Post added 07-31-2011 at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-30-2011 at 11:45 PM ----------

Okay so I chopped up uh sample & put it on my CF card via USB on the MPC. It moved everything on there then froze up. So I restarted it, put the CF in the USB reader and did the Check Disk Error again.. Guess I'm have to keep usin that. I still hope it's just the CF reader on the MP that's havin problems or else the HD will prolly do the same thing.

I know I'm talkin to myself, but this is for anybody who runs into the same problem. I'll update this again when the HDM-10 gets here..

My shit works fine now . I got uh Hard Drive & uh 2GB CF card. It wasn't the RAM. If I had to guess it was most likely the USB CF readers since I no longer have any problems. I either use my USB2.0 cord or CF reader on my new desktop.

My shit works fine now . I got uh Hard Drive & uh 2GB CF card. It wasn't the RAM. If I had to guess it was most likely the USB CF readers since I no longer have any problems. I either use my USB2.0 cord or CF reader on my new desktop.

i had the same problems, what kind of card you are using? thanx

Back