Mpc 1000

D.Callens

How do I set my MPC 1000 to have each midi channel set up to play different sounds? Right now once I change the midi channel from "1a" to "2a" to "3a" and so on and on... it changes the sound that I use from "1a." Quick example... when I choose to use a string for my first track, "1a" midi destination, then once I am ready to move to "2a" on track 2 and choose another sound like a brass, then track 1, "1a" plays the brass instead of the string that I recorded in it. I want to be able to play the string and the brass, and any other sound I use from 1a-16a if I use that many sounds. Can someone please help me out?

Your keyboard is not set into multi-timbral mode. This allows it to play more than one sound at a time. Switch the keyboard to MULTI. Add the patch you want to that multi setup. Each patch will will be on it's own midi channel, patch 1 - midi channel #1, like so. The other option is to record each sound and sequence into the mpc allowing you to play the direct audio rather than just the midi, as your synth can only do 8 voices (in whatever number of multi-timbral parts you want to split them up in).

Yes Kojak is right,you have to set up whenever keyboard or module to Multi mode in its Midi settings.
Some devices call it something different them multi mode though.

Back