Maschine SP1200 mode VS Real SP1200

ForWerd

This was actually very close. I took the acoustic kit "studio B" snare and kick from Maschine library. In Maschine I did an internal sample with it pitched up 7 semi tones, I then turned on SP1200 mode and dropped it 7 semitones. I used the same snare and kick and same method on the SP1200. The pattern goes:

Maschine - Snare, Snare.......Kick, Kick

Maschine SP1200 Mode - Snare, Snare.......Kick, Kick

SP1200 - Snare, Snare.....Kick, Kick

Before I had tried out the SP1200 mode and wrote it off because I didn't pitch anything down. Pitching stuff down while in SP1200 mode makes all the difference. And sure there is a difference between the emulation and the real thing, but it is much closer than I thought.

Attachments

• Maschine SP1200 mode vs Rea.mp3
    335.8 KB · Views: 155
Close enough to not really matter though the 1200 kick sounded like it has more low end but that could be me.

I agree, The real SP1200 has a bit more body and snap, but those other characteristics are REALLY dialed in with the emulation. I posted this on a SP1200 specific forum and the whole thread was deleted! I guess it was a little too close for the die hards.

That sp1200 crackle is undeniable. Maschine a lil too synthetic.

Hey ForWerd thanks for the comparison, but I tried this out myself... I don't have an SP but I have a Maschine and I did the same thing with the same kit, pitching up then pitching down then applying the SP mode. So I got the same sound as you but whenever I try this with a kick or snare FROM VINYL, it does not produce nearly as much of a bit crushed type sound. This makes no sense to me. In fact, the "studio B" kit has the only drum sounds I've found where it has the distortion type sound at the tail of the sound itself. However when I pitch up and down a sound from vinyl it doesn't seem to get grittier at all, when I compare the pitched version to the not pitched version, they literally sound the same. Have any thoughts? Thanks!

Back