Maschine (Mixing)

DJ-Renroc

For those of you who use Maschine how do you mix and master your stuff? You cant mix and master within Maschine itself can you? You have to export the audio somewhere else? Thank you.

Well you can mix in there, but honestly, **** that. I always just bounced out to FL to mix when I was rockin maschine

Is there a feature in Maschine that allows you to save the various elements of your track (drums, bassline, synth, etc, etc) so that you can import them in seperate channels in say FL or Reason? How exactly do you go about doing this?

Ok(this is coming from memory). You go to export tracks or something like that then select "sounds" for it to track it out. You will have to track out one group at a time this way.

Ok(this is coming from memory). You go to export tracks or something like that then select "sounds" for it to track it out. You will have to track out one group at a time this way.
Nope. Maschine eliminates the need to "track out". "Tracking out" usually refers to multitrack recording from hardware to DAW while MIDI synced. There's no need for any of that with Maschine. There's no "doing one thing at a time". It's all done almost instantly.

To the OP: Yes, you can mix and master in Maschine. But people who already have DAWs have more options. When you export from Maschine, it's much faster than tracking out because you don't have to wait to record each song in realtime. You have the option of choosing the loop range or the whole song, and you can choose it to export as stereo master, or each group as separate wave files, or each sound (track) as separate wave files. So you can have each track as separate wave files in the Maschine Recordings folder, ready to be dragged and dropped into a DAW. You can also drag and drop patterns as audio or midi directly from Maschine to DAW without exporting.

Whatever bro I was still bouncing tracks out, I don't get all caught up in linguistics. And yes you can do drag and drop but I always bounced.

Whatever bro I was still bouncing tracks out, I don't get all caught up in linguistics. And yes you can do drag and drop but I always bounced.
Of course you can still "track out" the old fashioned way with Maschine. I was just correcting false information like "You will have to track out one group at a time this way." It's just way faster and hassle-free to export/drag&drop with Maschine and that's how most people use it.

Nope. Maschine eliminates the need to "track out". "Tracking out" usually refers to multitrack recording from hardware to DAW while MIDI synced. There's no need for any of that with Maschine. There's no "doing one thing at a time". It's all done almost instantly.

To the OP: Yes, you can mix and master in Maschine. But people who already have DAWs have more options. When you export from Maschine, it's much faster than tracking out because you don't have to wait to record each song in realtime. You have the option of choosing the loop range or the whole song, and you can choose it to export as stereo master, or each group as separate wave files, or each sound (track) as separate wave files. So you can have each track as separate wave files in the Maschine Recordings folder, ready to be dragged and dropped into a DAW. You can also drag and drop patterns as audio or midi directly from Maschine to DAW without exporting.

Thank you for the help. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to the other poster who offered help as well.

I have a mashine also and im wondering whats different from mixing the levels in FL compared to mashine?

Its way easier to mix in FL than Maschine. Its more than just the levels, but EQing compression all of that.

with the 1.6 update id say maschine is perfectly capable of full mixes.

@nicro, why did you get rid of maschine fam?

Back