MASCHINE!!! "Akai can kiss my ass."

So on to happier topics how powerful of a pc would one need to run Maschine? I am considering picking up a copy and using it soley as a drum machine that i can run samples into and create tracks with. No need for vsti and stuff like that for me

You really don't need anything great. My old one had an AMD Athlon XP 2700 which was overclocked at just over 2.5ghz and 1.5 gigs of RAM which is well under the requirements they had listed but I bought it knowing I was planning to upgrade my desktop. It was fine for drums and samples. VSTs weren't possible within Maschine then but I never had a problem with sample based beats. I got a much better desktop now but if you just want to use it as a drum machine and sample you won't need anything huge.

You really don't need anything great. My old one had an AMD Athlon XP 2700 which was overclocked at just over 2.5ghz and 1.5 gigs of RAM which is well under the requirements they had listed but I bought it knowing I was planning to upgrade my desktop. It was fine for drums and samples. VSTs weren't possible within Maschine then but I never had a problem with sample based beats. I got a much better desktop now but if you just want to use it as a drum machine and sample you won't need anything huge.
s that enough
Im running on a laptop with a sempron v140 single core windows 7 64 bit and 8 gigs of ram. Is that enough?

i have a question for you... what happen if an individual has musicial skills... i.e. does not depend on the tools to make the music for them... lets say... this individual with musicial skills wants to add a e-piano part to a piece of music... what would be wrong with using a preset? there are situation where the "actual" performance of the part is larger than tweeting a sound... i feel your statement comes more of an individual that the tools do most of the talking... there are some that the performance does the talking....

Playa, dont even waste your time debating with him. I don't see anything wrong with using presets personally. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have said they use presets. Some people want to just have fun with their gear and make music.

s that enough
Im running on a laptop with a sempron v140 single core windows 7 64 bit and 8 gigs of ram. Is that enough?

I'm not familiar with that processor but for RAM you're definitely fine. From what I can find I think you'll be fine though as long as you're not running other VSTs with it. You're not moving away from hardware are you?

I'm not familiar with that processor but for RAM you're definitely fine. From what I can find I think you'll be fine though as long as you're not running other VSTs with it. You're not moving away from hardware are you?
my hardware has sat in my closet untouched for the most part for about a year. I went back to Reason with the Reason 5 announcement as Live sampling and a new drum machine were exactly what I wanted in Reason I needed something to make stacking drums faster than the nnxt which I did not like for that purpose. As for my processor its similar to a celeron I hear. clocked at 2.30

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Playa, dont even waste your time debating with him. I don't see anything wrong with using presets personally. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have said they use presets. Some people want to just have fun with their gear and make music.

creating sounds is part of the fun though

is that right? 8 gigs of ram on a single core machine... you got a different machine than the one your wife brought you... i remember on props website... you stated your sempron v140 machine had 2 gigs of ram...

i bought more ram it fixed most of my reason issues

my hardware has sat in my closet untouched for the most part for about a year. I went back to Reason with the Reason 5 announcement as Live sampling and a new drum machine were exactly what I wanted in Reason I needed something to make stacking drums faster than the nnxt which I did not like for that purpose. As for my processor its similar to a celeron I hear. clocked at 2.30
---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Gotcha. I would like to get my hands on another MPC eventually if I come across one at a deal I can't pass up but I just have no use for it with Maschine so I can't justify it. Software has come a long way now.

I'd definitely be interested to hear Maschine run through Record though. Is there any truth to the mixer or is it all just hype?

Gotcha. I would like to get my hands on another MPC eventually if I come across one at a deal I can't pass up but I just have no use for it with Maschine so I can't justify it. Software has come a long way now.

I'd definitely be interested to hear Maschine run through Record though. Is there any truth to the mixer or is it all just hype?
its mostly hype. Its easier to use and its more transparent than the Reason mixer thats for sure but if you really think you are getting an SSL for $130 you are sadly mistaken. That being said its my favorite mixing enviroment and favorite daw I've ever used.

You will definitely like the eq curves. They don't sound digital. They are very musical. The compressors are just as good!!!!

You will definitely like the eq curves. They don't sound digital. They are very musical. The compressors are just as good!!!!
The mixer, EQ, and compressors within Reason/Record sound equal to or better than Maschine from my experience.

so far all the bonuses even midi usages seem not necessarily desirable. who uploads more than 128 MB a song or can't step record and needs more for live performance. MPC is a musical instrument and therefore cannot be outdated. saxaphones pianos don't get outdated and although synths can be shrunk to managable sizes who wants to play an instrument that is much smaller than an MPC? Used to own one and I'm trying to hunt a 1000 down. its all about the samples and how you hear the music.

Ahahahahahaha!!!!!!
funny. cd quality or twice cd quality entire songs assigned to pads wouldn't take up that much MB. AH. if you can't take the time to clean your samples which automatically releases MB usage do you have BUSINESS making music? I sampled EVERYTHING I played including my synth just to get a (Digitally mind you Ha) recording for every kick hat snare multiple synthed basses and still had MB left over. I guess Drake sampling an entire Guapele beat MIGHT take up space. do you button mash the pads for 500+mb Polysymphony. real production genius to do that. keep buying the hardware up whack 'posers so I can keep buying the Maschine for $300.00 and the price is still dropping. Next

Are you trying to say Maschine is not a musical instrument?

Only someone suffering from a non MPC EXPERIENCED background could possibly insinuate and precipitate that thought. more often than not you get what you pay for so stradivarius or new wallmart violin. I know Jack white can put together a guitar out of a coke bottle and a guitar string nailed to a board and jam an ingenius riff. one string. so with all the new Maschine users I expect some pete rock and Timbaland and Premier caliber performance recordings shouldn't be too rare. Haha. yeah right. yo gotti is on top of that. so respect to his fans, I might check out some good southern catfish fried gumbo beats sometime made on a maschine or get one of these second hand ones myself and rep the real West.

Back