Just Starting Out & need advice

Furn

Hi,
My husband & I are just getting into the music composition / sampling and whole IT music experience. We used to just make music by picking up our instruments....imagine that :)

Anyhow, we are looking at buying our first great quality keyboard workstation & need help in deciding which one.

At the moment it's between the Korg M3 & the Roland Fantom X6/7/8 series.

Our main criteria is sound & sample quality particually in the brass & woodwind sections. We are not keyboard players but need to be able to link the station to a PC for sound & mucis composition using Finale 2008.

Any advice or help in setting up our dream station would be immensly appreciated.

yp just do some comparison. then you go with the product that best fits your needs. all the workstations have generally the same quality when it comes to sampling...again like i say it all comes down to what piece fit your needs, you already got your choices, next goto sam ash or guitar center and try them out....for me its never a comparison i always stick with yamaha.

fantom is the way to go there is one that has an expansion bay and pci card slot they have a padbanks on board midi in and out superior sampling quality and the built in sounds are somewhat alright.

Back