Just bought a mpc 1000 now what jjos should I get?

dmajor100

I dnt know much about these jjoss and would like the one I saw a jjos chart that can do it all. Not sure how tis works tho do I have to have a previous jjos installed already or can I just get the latest one from the start. Looks easy enough just like installing the akai os well it at least thats what it looks like. Also is this free or do I have to buy this and what is the exact website to get it?

Okay so which one has everything cause im looking to do it all? I dont know which is which cause so many versions like jjos1,os2,osxl and stuff like that.how much is it

Just a suggestion. Learn the Akai OS first, then move to JJ OS (the free version). If you spend that money on JJ OS1, OS2, or OS2XL and end up not using all the features or not liking it, I'm sure you're going to be pretty pissed.

What does os1 offer?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

And if I switch to jjos do I have to reformat my compact flash again and lose all samples,kits and sequences?

I also have a issue with loadinfg samples, I imported alot of drums from maschine samples to everything else I have. When im in load mode and im browseing for sanples to load it reads wrong file,what does this mean?Might it be that this samples are a higher sample rate and the 1000 does not take them?

it need to be wav format, 44100 16bit to be safe.. and the reason it reads the wrong sound is probably because the caracters in the sound-name is to long.. I believe 11 is the magical number, dont remember exactly

it need to be wav format, 44100 16bit to be safe.. and the reason it reads the wrong sound is probably because the caracters in the sound-name is to long.. I believe 11 is the magical number, dont remember exactly[/QUOT

Not too sure but they were mostly from maschines sound bank I think the only ones that played were sounds from loopmasters but only half of them did. And some folders I knew had way more sounds in them and like only half showed and they were the same sounds. I dont know if there is a way too find out which are 24bit and which are 16 bit.im gonna download the free jjos and see if it gives me a better flow of things and if so ill upgarde to at least os2 which looks kool.

Ps. Ill be using this sometimes with my motif and need to know if I need a mixer to hear both mpc and motif sounds together or does the jjos allow somekinda feature like 25oo input threw. From my experience isnt input threw the sane thing as a kina mixer were u can hear a external sound in my case my motif?

The FREE version of JJOS only slices in mono now. I bought the XL, since it's the only one being updated.

Whats really the difference if I have a stereo sample wouldnt that just take up more ram as it is the 1000 is only 128md which is crappy?

Whats really the difference if I have a stereo sample wouldntBut that just take up more ram as it is the 1000 is only 128md which is crappy?

128MB is more than enough for and advance and normal productions.

Back