if u use mpc as master with motif what are ur settings on tha motif inder utility and

sdsdogpdmab

can u tell me what u have all ur midi setting s on in motif in utility because i cant get tha set up to work iam useing mpc1000 and motif i got tha midi cables and audio cables to tha mixer they both make sound but when i turn tha local off i cant get no sound out of tha motif from tha mpc?

Utility-MIDI-Sync- Change MIDI sync to MTC- Set the timing code to whatever you have it set to on the MPC. Change SeqCTRL to Out.

Sidious said:
Utility-MIDI-Sync- Change MIDI sync to MTC- Set the timing code to whatever you have it set to on the MPC. Change SeqCTRL to Out.

how do i find what tha mtc timing code setting is on tha mpc..ive never seen that on tha mpc.but thats all i need to do for tha motif to work as tha slave?

i just tried it dont work...tha closest ive came was when i hit tha pad on tha mpc it played tha piano from tha motif...i want to hit tha keys and tha midi gets recorded to tha mpc and then tha mpc sends it back to tha tone generator.but its not working ive tried everything and i know tha equipment works..i cant figure it out..motif is so simple its complicated it dont give u much choice.

Last edited:
so if i get this right you wanna use the mpc as the sequencer right?

now i do not know the mpc settings but on the motif es, just change the utility>sync> change from internal to midi....then utility>switch>and local control to off

since you'll be controlling the motif with the mpc, you also have to set the channels to send and recieve on.

yea i want to use tha mpc sequencer as tha master i dont even need tha sequencer on tha motif.i got tha local turned off but no sound..i can hit tha pads on tha mpc to play tha motif sounds but i want to hit tha key and it plays tha motif recorded to tha mpc..thats how i want it....i got a motif classic not tha es..

yo as long as you got the midi connections right you should still be able to use the motif to control the mpc since it's sending and receiving midi signals.

or if you just want to use the motif as just a controller all you need is the midi out of the motif to the midi in of the mpc.

with local off that means the motif won't sound when you play the keys locally, but should play the selected voice on the mpc.

Lokness42 said:
yo as long as you got the midi connections right you should still be able to use the motif to control the mpc since it's sending and receiving midi signals.

or if you just want to use the motif as just a controller all you need is the midi out of the motif to the midi in of the mpc.

with local off that means the motif won't sound when you play the keys locally, but should play the selected voice on the mpc.

no i want to sequence/record everything on tha mpc .....i just want to play tha keys on tha motif like tha piano on track one and it records to a track on tha mpc.....i know what tha local does its off so it dont sound twice...i had a mm6 and had no problem [playin it and its midi goes to tha mpc]with tha drum beat...its tha motif i dont know tha settings to use ive tired em all.......and i know everything works on tha motif.it just does everything i dont want it to do .....iam not useing tha motif to record or sequence thats what tha mpc s for ....i just need to know tha setting in midi.....i got tha mpc on track 5 and since it tha firt midi recorded it on 1a and midi and i got my piano voice on track one on tha motif witch is in pattern mode......but no sound.....even though tha locals off tha mpc takes tha midi signal and sends it back to tha tone generator but thats not tha case here eather tha mpc aint sending back out tha signal witch i know is not going on because i hit tha pad on tha mpc and out came tha piano so i think tha motif sound generator aint responding to tha incoming signal from tha mpc midi out.....i know how audio works and midi and and how to use tha mpc i can even just make a beat with tha motif I JUST CANT GET BTHA MOTIF TO HAVE THA INCOMING SIGNAL FROM THA MPC TO SOUND THA TONE GENERATOR.tha mpc records tha midi data i can see it by tha music symbal on tha mpc just no sound out of tha motif?

ok so this is what it do. i assume you have all your voices that your gonna use on the mpc right? make sure that you have your transmit and receive channels the same on the mpc and motif. so if you have transmit on channel 1 on the motif the make sure the receive channel is the same on the mpc....try that.

nah i figured it out and i wasent even tryin..first change tha drum to midi on tha mpc and turn to 1a.then on tha motif turn tha local off and under utility and midi sync leave it on internal not midi and tha midi clock out bamb it worked after about a week.......

Back