I have A Few Questions About The ASR-10...Help!

greatdon8

Aight I was thinking about getting one, but i just have a few ?'s. First off I heard somewhere that the ASR doesn't come with any stock sounds, that you have to load every sound in. will i be able to midi my MPC 1000 with the ASR? And how does the whole sequencing and drum programming on the MPC and Sampling on the ASR work???? Is it like basically making a beat on the ASR without drums then going on the MP to do drums or what?????? Please Help!!! Thanx!

My OS disk has stock sounds but they suck. Plus i have more but all on floppies. If you plan to use floppies, i wouldn't plan on using great sounds. If you get one with scsi, different story, but you may have to make/buy sounds to get what you want. You do have to load every sound though, the mpc is the same, it will just auto load for you.

You can easily midi your mpc to an asr 10. Some people use the mpc as a controller, some people use the asr 10 as a controller, with the samples being on the asr 10. The second is like using the asr 10 without the asr10's sequencer.

Back