I have A Few Questions About The ASR-10...Help!

greatdon8

Aight I was thinking about getting one, but i just have a few ?'s. First off I heard somewhere that the ASR doesn't come with any stock sounds, that you have to load every sound in. will i be able to midi my MPC 1000 with the ASR? And how does the whole sequencing and drum programming on the MPC and Sampling on the ASR work???? Is it like basically making a beat on the ASR without drums then going on the MP to do drums or what?????? Please Help!!! Thanx!

The ASR10 is a great sampler. It doesn't come with sounds onboard. Its a sampler in the same nature that ur mpc is. In fact its actually a more powerful sampler than your mpc is in many ways. But a rompler it is not. If you are looking for a rompler ie something like a triton a motif a m3 or a fantom then you are looking at the wrong keyboard. If you are looking for something like that from ensoniq try the MR 61. As far as making beats on it u can slave it to the mpc via midi and chose whichever machine to be the master. I saw a video last night of Kanye West (he uses the mpc 2000 and an asr 10) and from the looks of it he chops on the asr 10 and does all of his programming on the mpc. Great way of working both together but both machines are great by themselves.

Thanks Alot... But One more quick question. Is it possible for me to sample lets say one piano note and be able to put it across all 61 keys so i virtually will have a whole piano kit?

Back