How TO Use MPC 500?

illbeatzdotcom

Hi
I just bought an mpc 500 and i have never used and mpc before. I find it's a little tricky to understand, how do i make a beat? I know i have to go to MODE and then ?:confused:

Please help thanks in advance

You have to hit the "Make Beat" button on the bottom of the unit.

Where to Download

The most popular site to download from is:

itsfuntomesswithnewbies.com

... they are giving you a hard time... (joking around)

My advice: READ THE MANUAL!

Seriously... it explains EVERYTHING in details... sit in front of it, open the manual, work thru it to the last page and start over if you didnt get everything perfectly.

I hope this helps - seems obvious but I don't think you read the manual yet so I thought I'd post it!! :)

good luck

It's gonna take some time...be patient. For some reallly helpful info visit http://www.mpc-forums.com there is a forums just for 500 users over there where you can get help with all sorts of problems. Oh yeah can't forget reading the manual.

AAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

BEST THREAD I'VE EVER READ!!!

LMFAO!!!

read the manual.

and good luck using that "make beat" button.

Akai did a massive recall on the first edition of the MPC500 cus people were making too many beats too fast. Nearly ruined the music industry with beats that were simply too hot for the market! Looks like you got the second edition MPC500. Might as well throw it away.

sample or load up a sound, assign it to a pad...hit record, play and bang away! repeat the process over and over with the sounds you want to make your music you want.

*adds thread to favorites* lol

This is classic! READ THE MANUAL!

I cant believe u copped an MPC thinkin you magically become a music god with it without having a clue what it does and how to use it.

Read the manual and it'll prevent you looking like a fool in threads like this!

Welcome to FutureProducers.com bro... a site full of "producers" who know thier sh*t - but never have time to explain anything. Look at how many replies you've gotten that are nothing more than "ROFL." I personally don't have an MPC, but I wanted to give you a REAL reply so you don't jump back on your computer to a disappointing thread...

- Now I use FL6, and I know it like the back of my hand. I could tell somebody how to make a beat with it in about 5 minutes of typing... and I would if you needed it. However, I don't know the MPC500... *that's not the point.* The point of me typing THIS RIGHT NOW, is to slap some of these guys on the wrists lol. How can you talk like you're an engineer, TAKE THE TIME to read these posts online... and than NOT HAVE THE TIME to type a nice little 'getting started' reply to this man? If you're not here to help... what are you here for? Showing people beats on this site is like showing a mechanic how to change somebodys oil. It's pointless... we ALL make beats. (SoundSharp.com just to vouge for myself, I'm sittin' on about 1000.) Now somebody stop stuntin' on the man and let him know. If you feel like it's brought up EVERYDAY, why not just type up something solid and get it sticky'd???

- You're saying "read the manual so you don't look like a fool for making a thread like this..." - but I don't see how HE'S the fool... In my opinion, the fool is the man who chuckles to himself because he's where this guy wants to be, and rather than lending a hand - he types "i'm adding this thread to my favorites!" and leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back