How TO Use MPC 500?

I'll be looking forward to Knockout replying to every "I jus copped frooty, now wut I do wit it to make fresh beets?" post ... from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
what i dont understand is that he has an mpc500 but no manual? it didnt come with one? its quite a new model to be bought used...and its not like it costs ten bucks. personally i wouldnt drop 800 without some idea of what i was doing but hey thats just me. so maybe it fell off the back of the akai truck, or he has rich parents, or is maybe just a total slowpoke...who knows? he'll never post here again anyway...

no manual is understandable...what if the guy was owed money by someone who happened to buy a new mpc-500 before paying him? He probably just smacked him upside the head and snatched the mpc...Now the 500 is pretty new, and I think that's why you're not finding too much help with this topic here...I can walk you through the exact steps to make a beat on the mpc-2000 (shift+3 to load a sound, shift+4 to sample a sound, assign it to a pad as you're doing it or shift+6 to edit your drum program...set your tempo, timing, and bar measurements on the main screen, then hit record & play), but I don't know if the buttons are the same on the 500.

dansgold said:
I'll be looking forward to Knockout replying to every "I jus copped frooty, now wut I do wit it to make fresh beets?" post ... from now on.

I'm with you on that one Dansgold.

Yea this is kind of a mean-spirited thread, but gimme a ****ing break... the dude posted on here asking for someone to show him how to use a machine as if he had made no attempt whatsoever to figure it out himself. If he had, he probably would have posted something about the manual being no help or hard to understand.

ASKING FOR HELP OR ADVICE IS DIFFERENT THAN ASKING FOR A FREE HANDOUT.

the manuals are always up on akaipro.com. there's no excuse not to read it. hilarious post though, first time i laughed browsing this forum.

I think illbeatzdotcom fooled fp with this one. He's just marketing his name for his website. It doesn't hurt to be the first put "How TO Use MPC 500?" on the title. That's a good one...either that, or he's figured out the 500, and must be busy making beats for his website.

Haha....good replies if i say so myself, but yea man just read the manual once u get the hang of it, the MPC's arent too tough to use. lol...good stuff...

my opinion take it back that peice of crap aint worth more then 300 bucks paying 800 for that 500 is retarded sell it and get u a real mpc on ebay find ur self a mpc1000 or Mpc2000xl

DiaboliC...Have you fooled around with a 500 before? I haven't and I'm just curious if real MPC users hate the 500 or not. If you call vstservice.com they'll drop the price to $600 and give a free EXM128 with it. Also, price drops along with the way people talk bad about it on here makes me think that its' production won't last long, and it will do like you said and be worth no more than $300 on ebay. The portablility is what interests me. The thing is pocket sized and can run on batteries. It makes me want to plug a mic into it and go out and literally have access to a world of sounds. Not to mention so many people have ipods and stuff these days. That thing could be a beast if it's really a pocket sized "true" MPC, and the files can be transfered to other MPC's for further pre-production...I have a yamaha qy-70, and it has came in real handy for me when I have new beats poppin up in my head when I'm out and about...I might lay a track on my break at work or something.

Last edited:
ILLESS said:
DiaboliC...Have you fooled around with a 500 before? I haven't and I'm just curious if real MPC users hate the 500 or not. If you call vstservice.com they'll drop the price to $600 and give a free EXM128 with it. Also, price drops along with the way people talk bad about it on here makes me think that its' production won't last long, and it will do like you said and be worth no more than $300 on ebay. The portablility is what interests me. The thing is pocket sized and can run on batteries. It makes me want to plug a mic into it and go out and literally have access to a world of sounds. Not to mention so many people have ipods and stuff these days. That thing could be a beast if it's really a pocket sized "true" MPC, and the files can be transfered to other MPC's for further pre-production...I have a yamaha qy-70, and it has came in real handy for me when I have new beats poppin up in my head when I'm out and about...I might lay a track on my break at work or something.

Yo thanks for the heads up on the link man. I got the MPC 500 working a bit. Right now im going to sequence and then to unused, record my beat and then copying and pasting is so crazy . For me im a pro at FL 6 and i think i gonna stick to it for now until i get help on it from a buddy or somethin like 1 on 1.

I heard the 1000's aren't built to handle a lot of punishment..... The pads on it are horrible...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I just bought an mpc 500 and i have never used and mpc before. I find it's a little tricky to understand, how do i make a beat? I know i have to go to MODE and then ?:confused:

Please help thanks in advance

Just get the MPC500 101 tutorial DVD at www.akaimpc.com

Everyone that had ever ordered it has loved it.

I have to admit too,even for me learning the mpc500 when it first came out was harder to master then any other mpc I have even used (and I have used um all)
But once I mastered it I loved it.

Last edited:
Back