How to make an MPk49 Operate like and MPC

Im assuming you don't have other cats around you with gear.. Comps excepted, cot damn if I don't meet a "producer" every other day lol. Nothing against anyones choice of gear, but unless you're the Tiger Woods of this shit (in which case I prob already at least heard of you) bootleg copies of FL and PT don't make you a producer lol..
Go to a big music chain :( and bang around on an MP, MV and some keyboards. I personallu use an MPC 2500 and an EPS classic. The only thing I really use a PC for anymore is tracking out and occasionally chopping a sample out of an mp3 or CD (see I'm not stuck up).. I LOVE Ensoniq! Price, sound, flexability.. Their products rule except when they break (just be nice to them).
If you want you're controller to act like an MPC, my sugestion is to get ahold of Reason and find the MPC swing algorythm on the net somewhere. It does exist.
See you on the cover of XXL..

peace

Bro... obviously, u haven't lived my life and u have no idea who the fck I've worked with. Logic is a god damned amazing program. I've only witnessed some of the top producers in the world make amazing hits with it. I had an MP 2000xl, a motif xs8, rack, and a fantom. Got rid of all that shit (don't get me wrong, I've worked with storch and he uses this hardware gear) but don't be to quick to judge people homie. I've spent good money on my shit and none of it is bootleg dawg... I'm real. The mpk49 is a bad ass piece of gear. Look it up, see who uses it... I mean, it's only made by AKAI. Don't worry about which cover of any magazine u'll see me in. I never said i use FL but I've seen top name producers use it as well. Perhaps u don't know what mixing in a world class studio means.... I asked a simple question, if u can't answer it, then shut up. Sounds like your life is bootleged.

Easy all babys! I was referring to the gangs of suckers clling themselves producers not you if you read the post. If your so tight with all the big heads what are you asking here for?
I did give you good advice. The only thing MPC's have on software these days is "akai swing". The algorythm is out there, it prob works for logic too. And yeah when you on XXl shout out us crumbs... Damn

aiight i'm a say I agree with both yall...I agree that you DO NOT need to have an mpc and pro tools to make dope beats... and I agree that MPC and Pro tools have been the standard....doesn't mean it is neccessary...hell you could say that it is pretty standard right now to wear skinny jeans....doesnt mean that if you do you are a better Emcee or "Rapper" ...Pro Tools is great...and compatibility with other pro tools ran studios is great....but there is a lot to be wanted, and I have cats who go to pro tools ran studios and the engeneers worried about how many tracks they have and wanna bounce down due to performance..and what the program can handle...I use Nuendo 4, and have never had any problems like this...bring 100 tracks...no problem... and as for MPCs they are dope...I have Owned one (Past Tense" I prefer using a midi keyboard and my computer, because the process for making a beat on an MPC especially the 2000 is soooooo daaammmmn long...and in todays game time is money..I do multiple things...not only sit arond producing beats...i run an Independent label, I do graphic design, also do web design, also am an Emcee my self, on the label I have 7 cats....also part of a 8 man crew, which I am pretty my the spearhead of...got a family..and baby mama drama...I need something I can load up quick and bang out some hot ish in the time I have to do it in, that was my only problem with the MPC's was time consumption.....granted I use the Akai MPK 49 now, cuz I like what it has to offer, and gived you the mpc feel with a much speedier delivery....

PS I have cats from around my local area who go to pro tools studios and the producer whos mixing their tracks down tell them that the sound there is something wrong with it...and then they come to me "Nuendo 4" and the producers say its perfect....my point....nothing wrong with pro tools but it is definitely not the only option...nor always the best option..it is all about how you use the equipment you have....Razhel and Biz markie can bang out beats with their mouth better than many producers that may use a mpc...my point...it is Not the instrument, sampler, program etc. it is the producer at the end of the day....if anything....pro tools mpc etc only make it EASIER for cats who have low skills to actually make some alright shit... #JustSayin ...all in my opinion of course....in my mind I dont care what you use...if it sound good I can dig it....if you tole me you make it with a sledge hammer and a diaper...if it sounds dope..then you are a great producer....word...one...KVIII

NO you DONT "need" a MPC
NO the MPC doesn't make your music better
NO there is NO MPC replacement or "killer"

Quincy Jones, Stevie Wonder, and Phil Spector probably never touched an MPC in their lives. Case in point, it's not a necessity.

The MPC is so popular because of one, it's ease of use and smaller learning curve compared to the more complex DAWs of today, and two, IT WAS THE MOST WIDELY AVAILABLE AND ADVANCED SEQUENCER/SAMPLER AROUND FOR AGES. (AGES, Exaggeration)

Your favorite producer probably uses an MPC because it was around ten to twenty years ago when they initially got into music. They weren't apart of the digital age from the beginning just like 85% of younger "producers" today don't know about A/D converters, voltage, and the rest of the analog realm. They stuck to what they had and knew. Nine out of ten times that was the MPC, the SP, and another AKAI sampler. (The 9000 something, I can't remember)

Reel to reel was once upon a time THE method of recording/sequencing/whatever. That faded.
Not saying the MPC will fade but as technology grows, so should you.

Worry not about what the pros use. Find a comfortable setup that suits YOUR needs And make GOOD music.

Learning theory will help your music more than learning an MPC ever can. (I'm a fan of the MP. 2000xl is my fav. No hate.)

To answer the OP question... The MPK can't sample, sequence, and has no audio outputs. It's not and will never be the MPC.

i own nothing..what do you have spectrum... what's your non hyped answer on making great hip hop...

I don't know if there is an easy answer to this. The first thing, is that you want to make music. So we go from there. Do you have any experience making music? Piano lessons, sing in a choir, play guitar with the cousins on the bayou?

If you have no experience, what is it about music that you like? You mentioned hip-hop. Is it the drums, the hooks, the melody?

I'm not into hip-hop. But I have been giving thought to getting an MPC or something similar.... MC-808/909. At the same time, I've been learning that I've already got stuff that does similar stuff.

First of all, I've got a Fantom-X... But the way it handles samples is kinda clumsy.

I've got Pro Tools LE, the only thing I don't like about it is that the flow isn't really smooth.

Like I've said, I've thought about getting an MPC.... but I don't really know if I would like it better... how does it store samples. How is it for previewing samples. How about organizing samples?

I've thought about getting Maschine, same questions.

I've been trying to get Ableton to work on my old ass computer. If I get it straight, I'm thinking that would be the best way for me.

Back