how to make beats with Mpc2000xl and EMU mophatt..help???

J

justaren

i just recently bought mpc2000xl and a Emu mophatt and 49 key controller..the way i make beats is

mpc2000xl
track1
midi-1A-device01 and as many track i use and this is all in one sequence01 under 6 bars and 6tsig 6/4

and the emu set to whatever sound i want in track1 and so on....

my question is there another way on making beats with the mpc2000xl using the emu mo phatt.everyone has been telling me to my sequencer but i have no clue on how to use it cause i've been making beats with the whole midi tracks...and using just one sequence01.....please help me.....

the way ur doing it rite now is rite... and it sounds to me like your are using the mpc as a sequencer and midi to control the emu sound module.

the best thing to do is to put all your inst on diff tracks... like drums on track 1 bass on 2 keys on 3 and so on dont just stay on track one

thanks

ohh i know..i lay my tracks like this
track1-snare
track2-kick
track3-hihat
track4-cymbals
track5-chords
track6-bass

and this is all in one sequence....i was reading the mpc manual and it was saying that i can have two sequences and different tracks...what is that all about..im not understanding the manual cause it sucks.lol.....i learn by steps by steps..thanks for your info though....hopefully you can help me..

whut the book is saying is that you can go to sequence 2 which you havent used yet and create another sequence with diff parts on the trax like maybe keep the same drums as the other seq. but bring a new bassline. then you put all your sequences in song mode to run back to back...

how????

how though..step by step....please teach me...

Multiple Sequences

yo justaren,<br>i'm not 100% sure of your question, but to move to another sequence on your mpc, simply place the cursor on "sequence_1" and bump the dial over one click... now you're at "sequence_2"...<br>and then you can stack up all your sequences in any order that you like and convert them into a "song." or, you can keep them as sequences and freak with them on the fly (as i often do)<br>good luck.<br> ~9000

Back