how do you get the hiss out of your samples

J

jerzboy

whenever i sample from vinyl i always have the hiss from the record player in my rocrdings, is there a way to get the hiss out

man, thats the sound i love about it!

...but i think a good wave editor would allow you to do that.

You would have to turn down some of the higher frequencies. Many eq's come with hiss removal presets but it's always good to tweak after and using the preset as a starting point.

what kind of sampler are you using?
try turning the input level of your samlper down and the volume from the turntable up

i have an asr, but i hate how it got that snap crackle sound i want it to be more clear, its liek the record or needle has something wrong, how does alchemist get his sample so clear

There is a program called "Bias Soundsoap Pro".This program is supposed to be great for cleaning up audio and samples.

I have an ASR-10 and have sampled from every source possible.

I assume you are sampling from the mixer. Could be that your mixer has hiss (or air) which could be corrected with proper EQing.

Sometimes when I get some unwanted air, I just single that frequency out with and EQ. The ASR-10's Paramtretic EQ is pretty decent. SEt a narrow trim level and bring the hiss down, then resample the loop.

that's funny. i love that sound. in fact if i sample something from a CD i'll add record noise to it just to have that sound.

but there are alot of ways to filter alot of it out. most wave editing programs have features that'll help you with that.

when people sample from vinyl they try to make the quality better. when people sample from cds they wanna make it sound like vinyl. :D

Waves Restoration is th bomb for this. :)

I hear ya Kanye East. ;)

I like a little crackle myself...but some records, especially when they are hard to find, have too much and you may not find a record that is in better shape...so taking a little out isn't a bad thing...nor is sampling from a CD for that matter...I sample from everything though...however, vinyl is best for warmth...

Back