Help Needed Connecting Sp1200 To Pc

P

Paraphraze

I'm having a lot of trouble, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me break down what happened. I'm trying to sample sounds (using the 1200) from my hard drive. The connections on the back of the SP are 1/4 (guitar jacks). I used an adapter to connect to the input on the PC. At this point, I have no trouble getting sound to go from the sampler to the PC and even recording. My real problem arises when I try to connect from the line OUT on the pc to the IN on the sampler. I get no sound whatsoever. I've tried disconnecting the speakers and using that as my output, still no sound at all. I spoke to a friend who knows computers but not necessarily sampling hardware, and his only idea was that maybe the fact that the sampler is analog is the problem, because the 1200 is not able to read the digital output of the PC. I'm not even 100% sure that the 1200 is analog to be honest. As i said, any help is GREATLY appreciated, as I'm just getting started with this and I'm totally clueless.
Thanks everybody, hope to hear some ideas.
pairofeggz@aol.com

MAN don't spam the forums. You posted the SAME thread 6 TIMES.

Deleted all the threads except this one

Look, i wasnt trying to be a dick about it. I posted the same thing on different boards because I really need help with this and I figured some people might visit some boards and not others. Did I post on any boards that weren't relavent? Did you notice that I didn't post on any dj boards or any other topic that wasn't related to the question at hand? No. Would it have been different if I had typed the message in different words every time? I just didn't feel like typing the same thing over and over.
Thanks for making my first visit to the site so memorable. I suppose after reading this the one post you did leave will be deleted as well. Oh well, sorry for using the boards to try to obtain answers to questions.

listen. THIS is the appropriate forum for this question. Mano is simply trying to avoid the forums getting flooded with the same messages. It's a simple rule.

Now, having said that, you have several options here:

1) you have muted the output of your soundcard.
2) You have chosen the wrong socket on your soundcard (LINE = input)
3) You are using the soundcards digital output (expensive cards only) and the samplers analogue input
4) You are using the soundcards analogue output and the samplers digital input
5) You haven't set the sampler properly up for recording
6) The cable is broken

You should use the same output to go to the sampler that you use for your speakers, unless they're incompatible (A/D).

The sampler is probably using analogue input and all soundcards have an analogue output and some have extra digital outputs.
Since you're able to connect speakers to your soundcard, it obviously also have analogue output.

Thanks

The tips are much appreciated, hopefully i can get this thing up and running. Also, I should apologize for that last post, you're right, people shouldn't be posting the same thing over and over. I thought because I was putting them on different boards it wouldn't really bother anyone, but I was mistaken. Thanks again for your help.

Back