Help im in a dilemma

tmays08

Hi...So i am for the most part not a sample heavy producer. I do sample from time to time though. I fell in love with the MPC my first time using it. Now, my question is since i dont sample that much, is it really necessary. If i was to get it i would use it to sequence and use reason as a sound module. Would I be better off using reason along with a mpd32? any and all help is appreciated

That's up to you. You have to ask yourself if you fell in love the sample capabilities of the MPC? the sequencing? exactly what features? Do you like using Reason's sequencer?
I use an MPC 2000xl mainly as a sequencer, when I use it, because it's flexible and intuitive to me. I do use my ASR-10 sequencer too. It's basically up to whether you feel it's worth it.

As said above, what is it you love? If it's anything but the sequencer, you can use other things. To me, the sequencer is where you get "intament" with a machine or a software program. If that doesn't work for you, the whole thing will be hard to deal with.

Sampling wise, the mpc is basic. I don't know very many samplers that don't compete with the mpc series at similar price points that are more limited as a sampler than an mpc, even many things that do quite a bit more than sample.

Also, i don't know what mpc you are after. If you actually buy reason, and recycle as well which i feel is critical for sampling in reason, plus an mpd, you already invested as much or more than most used mpcs, excluding the 2500, 3000 and 5000.

Well i actually was messing around with the 2000xl...And i guess i fell in love with its capabilities. After thinking about it, an mpd32 and reason may be just as effective.

it'll be just as effective, it just comes down to personal preference and workflow. if you like the workflow better and feel more creative the the mp then go for it, but its not gonna give you any magical capabilities. all comes down to the user

Back