Help "Dumping" a track

R

Raje101

Okay Guys here I go... I made a beat on my MPC 2500. So that's my sequencer. I have the midis going to my Trinity Keyboard. I have them both hooked up to a mixer. Seperately, i have a pc with pro tools le. and a didi 002. How can I get the beat into pro tools so I can mix every sound? I believe this is called dumping it into pro tools, but i have no idea how to. Because if I record one sound at a time, every time I go to a new sound, it'll be off beat... Please help!

This could be either latency issues or quanitization issues. I don't know how to fix it or your particular setup because my setup is different, but those are the two things that come to mind right off hand.

No, I don't mean while I'm making the beat... I mean like, Say from you're mixer you record into pro tools. THat's track 1 your bass drum.
But then, you want to record the snare. So you press record on pro tools then press play on you mpc, but they started at differnt times so they're off beat. Feel me?

Ohhhhh... I see. You have to sync them. You want your MPC to control your DAW. That way you press play on your MPC and it would star on your DAW at the same time. There used to be a video on the forums that explained how to sync it with Cubase, but I can't find it. I'm sure someone can explain. Any takers?

Oh as a matter of fact... here it is.

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157678

Last edited:
Well...

Imma just put this out there...if you are rockin a computer anyway just polish up your audio editing skills and fly stuff in raw. Then clean up the 2,4,8 bar blocks..snap 'em to the grid, copy and duplicate for the length of the track. Syncing is cool...but if other cats is gettin away with FL and Reason copying and pasting bars all ITB...why sit there and wait for each track to record and deal with syncing headaches. There are some advantages to tracking, but it's a slower process. Also, editing a final song mode in a DAW is a lot faster than making sequence/pattern/track/song changes in individual workstations synced up. Just my 2 cents.

No problem man... I don't have an MPC, but I have 2 Fantoms, the old joint and an X6. I got used to sequencing in Cubase just like Freezo was saying from my old Fantom, and haven't even attempted to create a beat on the X6 and track it to Cubase. I like the workflow that way man... so I mean if you want to... just try it out... you have many options. But first you definately want to get those beats that you have on your MPC off of it.

Back