Help with CME UF80 Controller issue

Larry's Channel

Hello,
I have a CME UF80 controller and during production a lower register G note discontinued working. I thought that the actual key contacts had broken in the keyboard, but this is not the case. If I use the actual keyboard to transpose, then that particular note on the keyboard will work with the new "virtual" note but the new location of the same 'G' note no longer works (ie if G is moved by transpose on the keyboard to F#, then the F# note discontinues working and the new Ab note contained in the G position on the keyboard will start working)

If I transpose on the actual DAW, then that particular note regardless of what it is, will not work in that G position.

Sorry for being so lengthy, there's just no other way to explain it.

Also, I am using an iMac I5 25 inch and have tried both Logic X and Logic 9 and numerous instruments - they all do the same thing.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have!

So does the G play if you just click the note into the piano roll in Logic? You could try MidiPipe to see what the actual MIDI message coming from the keyboard is & why it isn't triggering anything.

Thank you sir! I cannot see any activity within Logic (on the piano roll etc) but I can see on the keyboard itself the number on the screen changes right on cue when I use a note count feature on the CME along with every other note. So the keyboard itself is recognizing data transmission of some kind.

I will pick up a MIDI interface later today - I am currently using USB to interface to Logic. Who knows, maybe it will work fully through MIDI. (At times, with the right instrument, it will pickup the up-strike of that key - like a bass guitar's string slide but only at times.)

Thank you again!

OK so I have both Logic 9 and X. Both show this note as blank. BUT I installed a demo version of another DAW and the note works perfectly in Studio One. This is very perplexing (Unless Logic 9 and X both use the same protocols etc.)

Check Preferences > Controller Assignments & see if that particular note has some kind of command assigned to it. I don't have Logic, but that seems to be causing these problems in the few other similar cases I found.

Back