Has anyone bought any equipment from India?

sinthushan

My folks are going to India and I want to take advantage of this opportunity to get cheap gear. Is the stuff trustworthy? Is it actually cheaper? I'm hoping to buy and MPC (probaly an older model), I have mainly been a software based producer but want to change over to hardware.

Not a special deal, but I would assume it would be cheaper since most electronics are cheaper, because of the purchasing power and the fact that not everything is perfectly price so something worth $100 might not be worth $200 in another country whose currency is worth 1/2 USD.

Not a special deal, but I would assume it would be cheaper since most electronics are cheaper, because of the purchasing power and the fact that not everything is perfectly price so something worth $100 might not be worth $200 in another country whose currency is worth 1/2 USD.

I don't think any countries currency is worth 1/2 USD, like even $1 Canadian Tire money is worth $100 USD or some shit.

I don't know about that but you can't go wrong with an instrument. There's definitely know to be some great craftsmen in India. I'm not sure about any reputable electronic brands.

I would be going for some Indian instruments like a tabla, but sometimes shipping shit made from wood can be a customs hassle, if you really want some cheap shit have them stop off in China they make everything over there now and it's cheaper to drink beer instead of water.

an MPC would most llikely be alot more expensive in India, reason being, the demand is low therefore there is a low supply and those that would want to get their hands on one are willing to pay any price, leaving the seller with the freedom of choosing the price, your better of buying a used one from craigslist.
p.s. even if their currency is weaker than the USD whats a 100 usd here would be equivalent to 100 usd just in their currency

Back