Gigasampler vs Akai

S

superflash

What are the pros & cons of a bying a soft sampler vs a phat hardware sampler like an Akai. I really want to have a decent synth like a NS 2, a Virus or a Nord and use the synth to help modulate my samples as well as for biulding bass tones. The problem is I haven't got the cash for both a good hardware sampler and a good hardware synth.
I'm going to be making Dnb and breakbeat, what would be the best by for me.

frankly you should get a real sampler.. I have the feeling you will want a perfect latency (short) and stable polyphony... Get a second hand Yamaha A4000 or something similar you will have fun.

You can go for gigasampler but honestly its not the same thing.

If you dont have the money go for gigasampler.. if you have enough cash, get a decent sampler to team up with your synth (a nice NS 2 would be sweet).

plug everything on your computer (maybe you should get a decent MIDI interface with dedicated ports like a MIDIMAN 4x4 USB SPORT) and write all your music (and record audio) in Cubase or Logic.

you'll have so much fun
take care superflash! :)

one more thing

If you decide to get an AKAI S5000 or S6000, make SURE you get the USB option, and the AKsys software, and also upgrade the OS to version 2.0 (free).

If you dont get those things you will get frustrated... I had one of these samplers before these awesome options came out.

take care :)

PC based things are often unreliable, and have different performance from time to time. A hardware sampler gives you always everything it can, without hesitating :-)

Back