Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - monitor wheel

RapAttack

Hello,
I have a simple question:

I noticed that the monitor wheel (the main, large one) of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 can be easily pulled out. I just accidentally pulled it, with little effort, but nothing appears to be broken there, it can be easily put back in its place.
Do you think that it's normal? or should I use my guarantee to fix it? or stick it with some kind of glue :)

Thanks.

Pretty normal. Most knobs are just like that. Sometimes there might be a screw on the side, but usually they're just fit tightly enough w/o any other fastening methods...

Do you know any method to monitorize the exact volume of each input gain knob?
This would be useful, because I'm recording stereo from a drum machine, using 2 mono-mono connections from my machine L and R outputs, each one to an input on the Scarlett 2i2. Just visually setting them to the same level, that's not really precise. I didn't manage to use the plug-in suite that 2i2 comes with, maybe because of my Windows installation.

Also, is it ok that I still hear sound from my input, even though I set the gain to the minimum?

Hi RapAttack,

With the 2i2, there is no monitoring software/method of exactly monitoring gain and input level. Your best bet is probably to monitor visually within a DAW as a reference.

Sometimes, if a particularly hot signal is fed into the 2i2, some leaking signal can still make its way through the pre-amps. This is due to the fact we use analogue circuitry.

For your Plugin installation, you will need to ensure you have the latest Plugin Suite installed from Focusrite(dot)com/downloads.

If you have any other technical questions, feel free to contact us through focusrite(dot)com/answerbase/contact

Cheers,

Miles.

Back