FL Beats Differefence

Status
Not open for further replies.
sammyb90 said:
Comparing FL and an MPC

An MPC is like a lean, muscular virile pit bull

FL is like a castrated, 3 legged blind poodle.
I beg to disagree; but thanks for leaving your very well reasoned and in no way BSheaded opinion.

Danzink said:
Then why is there a reason barely any one made it on FL Studio compared to the people that made it on the sp's, MPC's, ASR's. They may have changed them from what they were originally designed for but if something was bad in one peice they would simply use something else to go with it (like the asr's sequencing is bad, they use an mpc for sequencing) For FL the sequencing is techno (No matter how could you are, you cant change that) At this point you would use an MPC to sequence instead. But why use FL in the first place if you have an MPC to do stuff with?

Get what Im trying to say??

FL is geared towards pattern based sequencing, but guess what?
So is the mpc series.

The asr-10 has a good enough sequencer to use as standalone, but who is using it as a master sequencer for thier synths?

The mpc has better, more robust sequencer, but to say adding an mpc will make a differnace in the quality of an asr users beats is silly.

You don't even need a sampler with a sequencer for cryin' out loud!
A $50 Emu esi32 off ebay, and a midi controller+good timing while recording into your DAW will work.
A $75 Zoom sampletrak, or boss sp202(yes that one) will work, and every single time the results will only be as good as you are.
Money, and high dollar samplers don't mean squat to how nice your beats are.
It's you, and what you do.
Everytime.:cheers:

Sqito said:
Not exactly true. Its first version was a simple MIDI sequencer with no plugin support or audio output whatsoever.
Don't know how a pattern based pure MIDI step sequencer can be designed towards any kind of music.
If you mean the plugins (now) included: well, it of course doesn't have a bundled Hypersonic or the like what might get a bit more attention of the Hiphop crowd. But Directwave does have a lot of multisampled natural instruments you can download for free from within FL (Directwave) itself.
btw: isn't an MPC also nothing else but a step sequencer buildt in into its own little computer system?

Yes, my old mpc2k had a step sequencer that I never used.
Mpc's are pattern based too. FL being pattern based is part of the reason it has become a popular sequencer for hiphop.
I believe it was also very popular with the drum'n bass crowd, not just hip hop.
You could also easily do some minimal techo with the mpc with relative ease.

Last edited:
Mattman04 said:
I believe it was also very popular with the drum'n bass crowd, not just hip hop.
You could also easily do some minimal techo with the mpc with relative ease.
So what you're saying is that pattern based sequencing is kinda nice for any kind of electronic music, aren't you? Well, at least I am.
:hello:

dude no way you can tell the difference. i use ableton, FL, and reason. Ive made beats rewired, stictly FL, strictly abelton, and strictly reason. I could post five tracks and i guarentee you couldnt tell which ones were only FL, dude as the 1st person mentioned it all depends on you and how good you mix, man you must of injested some left, cuz you aint actin right

You know this thread need for real, cause this whole " Heard FL is not professional sounding" thread are getting annoying for real, one word -TALIBAN!!!!!!!!!!

Sqito said:
So what you're saying is that pattern based sequencing is kinda nice for any kind of electronic music, aren't you? Well, at least I am.
:hello:

Yeah, and likewise with linear sequencing. People will still believe certain tools are for certain genres, but in the end it's all up to us to make what we want with what we have.:cheers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back