FL Beats Differefence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Young_Sean_Beats

Iz It Jus Me Or Can Anybody Else Ever Tell When Somebody Used FL Studio even if They Used Plugins & Samples. My Cuzin Use To Use SONAR For His Beats But Know He Uses FL Studio, So I Listen To His Old Beats And They Sounded More Crisp Or Better Than His FL Studio Beats. Is It Becuz FL Studio Isnt Considered Professional Or Something Like That??? So Im Thinking About Switching To SONAR & ProTools Now. But Doesnt Anybody Hear The Same Thang???

Last edited by a moderator:
for the last time, fl studio is NOT any weaker sounding than any other program. it all depends on the person using it. also, this should be in the software forum.

Last edited:
He gets a pass ... the search button was apparently missing when he posted this .. or else he would have seen the other thousands of posts the make the same ridiculous claims that are always proven wrong.

hanzalo said:
for the last time, fl studio is NOT any weaker sounding than any other program. it all depends on the person using it. also, this should be in the software forum.
Well I Guess I Have A Better Ear 4 Music & Quality Then Cuz I Can Tell A Difference

Young_Sean_Beats said:
Well I Guess I Have A Better Ear 4 Music & Quality Then Cuz I Can Tell A Difference

that has nothing to do with this at all. the beats sound different because your cousin is using different sounds or mixing techniques. sonar and fl studio don't make any sounds themselves, they are just hosts for other sounds.

Fl Studio is not WEAKER SOunding ITS just how you use it that weaker.
I Run my Triton, Fantom, Motif and Micro with Fl Studio. I Use FL to Eq and Put FX on my drums

yea i can defenitly hear a diff, i know wut u mean. But.... I think its because the Fl studio defult volume is lower and if u dont know how to eq and compress the beat it will be less crisp then if u do. Check out my beats I use Fl studio i think there pretty good quality.

Math proves it sounds the same.
Pretty much any audio software developer will point out that when your using an app that is internally processing audio at 32 bits, and also rendering at 32bits that it's going to be the same no matter what software your using....As long as you have the settings the same (volume, pan law).

I've read quotes from developers of Cubase, Sonar, FL studio, and many others pointing this out.
Developers are indisputable when it comes to the workings of their code.

Eddiemagic5 said:
yea i can defenitly hear a diff, i know wut u mean. But.... I think its because the Fl studio defult volume is lower and if u dont know how to eq and compress the beat it will be less crisp then if u do. Check out my beats I use Fl studio i think there pretty good quality.

Your partially right. The default volume is at 78%, but this has nothing to do with the audio engine. It's only the position of the fader when you open the program.
Raise the volume if it's too quiet.
There's nothing wrong with a quiet mix in the digital domain anyway.
The noise floor for 32 bits is something like -150db?
I think I can safely say no one is going to hear that low.

Last edited:
Eddiemagic5 said:

i dont think they are the sickest beats i'll ever hear...

First off.

Dude why the hell are you typing like that? (caps on every 1st letter).

Dont tell me, you tried to post in all caps.

2nd of all. DAWs are as good as you make them. Some you need to know your tools and build your own racks and patches to get it sounding good (Reason). Some programs you need to actually READ THE MANUAL to learn (FL) j/k...well some programs weren't made for stock sounds PLUS the people using em have no idea how to hear what sounds good or what doesnt.

marlonr72 said:
DO somebody got an mpc 1000 they can sell me for like $400

Search on Ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL like Reason is 100% for Hip-Hop beats.

This is a fine *life lesson on Hip Hop*

NOTHING was made for *us* They didn't make the TR-808's and SP-1200's SPECIFICALLY for some dudes round the corner. Should be the same for software too. Makes 'us' use our brains more.

Keep an eye out for "Hip-Hop" things. Programs telling you they were designed for Hip-Hop. Sound libraries that say "Hip-Hop" sound libraries. ETC.

It's up to YOU to make whatever you use sound "Hip-Hop" or YOU suck.

Period. Don't blame Reason's Thor cause the sounds are ambient and filled with delay. ESPECIALLY when there are knobs and buttons you have to press to get rid of all of it, open the filter, turn off the MOD on the first OSC and now you got a "Lil John Saw Synth" to make beetz with.

LOL..

To original poster: FL was designed by people who were looking for a way to help people make quick techno/house-type music. Don't get it twisted, though: it can be used for anything, but you have to take the time to READ manuals, websites, forums, etc. to find out what to do.

And Don't Type Like This, Because It Is Not Cool. It Makes You Look Dumb.

Last edited:
PlanetHitzProduction said:
LOL like Reason is 100% for Hip-Hop beats.

This is a fine *life lesson on Hip Hop*

NOTHING was made for *us* They didn't make the TR-808's and SP-1200's SPECIFICALLY for some dudes round the corner. Should be the same for software too. Makes 'us' use our brains more.

Keep an eye out for "Hip-Hop" things. Programs telling you they were designed for Hip-Hop. Sound libraries that say "Hip-Hop" sound libraries. ETC.

It's up to YOU to make whatever you use sound "Hip-Hop" or YOU suck.

Period. Don't blame Reason's Thor cause the sounds are ambient and filled with delay. ESPECIALLY when there are knobs and buttons you have to press to get rid of all of it, open the filter, turn off the MOD on the first OSC and now you got a "Lil John Saw Synth" to make beetz with.

LOL..

Then why is there a reason barely any one made it on FL Studio compared to the people that made it on the sp's, MPC's, ASR's. They may have changed them from what they were originally designed for but if something was bad in one peice they would simply use something else to go with it (like the asr's sequencing is bad, they use an mpc for sequencing) For FL the sequencing is techno (No matter how could you are, you cant change that) At this point you would use an MPC to sequence instead. But why use FL in the first place if you have an MPC to do stuff with?

Get what Im trying to say??

Danzink said:
Then why is there a reason barely any one made it on FL Studio compared to the people that made it on the sp's, MPC's, ASR's. They may have changed them from what they were originally designed for but if something was bad in one peice they would simply use something else to go with it (like the asr's sequencing is bad, they use an mpc for sequencing) For FL the sequencing is techno (No matter how could you are, you cant change that) At this point you would use an MPC to sequence instead. But why use FL in the first place if you have an MPC to do stuff with?

Get what Im trying to say??
Well. Saturation is the first killer. But this isnt just "alot of dudes wit the program" it's alot of WAAACK ears using the program with SLOOOOW computers. So even if they do learn the basics of production quality and sound design. Guess what?

Your mom's PC says "oh no you don't" soon as you open up those new plugins or try to get creative wit a combi patch. Crash.

And somehow ALL of them and their wackness are on the forums, quick to spread *facts* on the program when they never read the online manual :rolleyes: never took their craft seriously to upgrade their comp to support more VST's and etc.

I believe that one has a "better opportunity" to make it with hardware due to the fact that you are 100% aware of the machine's limits and capabilities.

One can make more "growth" with hardware than he/she could with software...on a wack computer.

You wanna get started in beats? Grab a Fantom. You don't have to worry that you cant use THIS layer cause it takes too much memory. :monkey:

But who really wants to invest money into their craft :monkey:

If you got 4 gigs of Ram on a 3.0 dual core intel mac.. You can think creatively. But on some hand me down Dell. It's a lil harder.

Not impossible. But a lil harder.

Thanks for the info, and Im Gone Stop Typing Like This since its, hard to read 4 some.....? But im about 2 start using my dads old modules. Its a Planet Phatt, a Oberhim 1000 (or sumthin like dat). And im about to try the compressions sumbody recommeded. thanks 4 tha info

only overrated scum like 9th wonder uses fruity loops. Real producers like El-P and DJ Krush use Ableton Live.

I'm joking, but I really do hate 9th wonder.

Another 1???? oh god this is like the 4th FL bash this week.....I knew this was a hate thread???? damn FP home of the greatest haters... u dudes should really just do you.... if u think FL's sound quality is shyt simply dont use it and move on to the next.... Problem solved.... PlanetHitz normally i hate when u close threads but oh god... these threads are getting bothersome now... what ever happened to the search button??? It wouldn't be so bad if they where grave diggers

MadTiger3000 said:
To original poster: FL was designed by people who were looking for a way to help people make quick techno/house-type music.
Not exactly true. Its first version was a simple MIDI sequencer with no plugin support or audio output whatsoever.
Don't know how a pattern based pure MIDI step sequencer can be designed towards any kind of music.
If you mean the plugins (now) included: well, it of course doesn't have a bundled Hypersonic or the like what might get a bit more attention of the Hiphop crowd. But Directwave does have a lot of multisampled natural instruments you can download for free from within FL (Directwave) itself.
btw: isn't an MPC also nothing else but a step sequencer buildt in into its own little computer system?

Sqito said:
Not exactly true. Its first version was a simple MIDI sequencer with no plugin support or audio output whatsoever.
Don't know how a pattern based pure MIDI step sequencer can be designed towards any kind of music.
If you mean the plugins (now) included: well, it of course doesn't have a bundled Hypersonic or the like what might get a bit more attention of the Hiphop crowd. But Directwave does have a lot of multisampled natural instruments you can download for free from within FL (Directwave) itself.
btw: isn't an MPC also nothing else but a step sequencer buildt in into its own little computer system?

Comparing FL and an MPC

An MPC is like a lean, muscular virile pit bull

FL is like a castrated, 3 legged blind poodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back