Fantom G with DAW

TheHundred$

I hope I have this in the right section...

I own a Fantom G6 and I want to be able to hook it up to my computer and use it seamlessly with a DAW.

The Daw I use is FLSTUDIO 10

I need to know how to go about doing this, I am kind of new to this type of thing...

Here is what I want to do..

1. Be able to use the Fantom G as a midi controller to control the DAW and play the internal instruements and vsts.

2. Be able to also use the internal Fantom sounds and effects and mixing as well.

So I want to be able to record a song using the Fantom G's sounds and sequencer and also have elements from the DAW, like VSTS, Drumroll, and the sounds I download into the DAW such as samples.

I was told that the Fantom G is a Audio Interface all in it's own and that it acts as a Sound Card (I only own a laptop and it does not have a very good soundcard.)

If not...

I do own a external audio interface that looks like this
Tascam%20US122%20Audio%20Card.jpg
Called a Tascam U122

I don't know if I could use this to achieve what I am trying to acheive..
But If I could do it all within the Fantom that would be awesome.. less clutter.

Thanks to anyone that could help.

Last edited:
You want something with midi and audio i/o. Does that device you listed have midi capabilities? Better yet, have you tried connecting your fantom to your computer via USB?

Last edited:
The interface does have a Midi in and out.

Also the fantom does plug in with USB, but it only connects with the fantom G interface on my pc that came with it. Im not sure how to connect it with flstudios or if it will do l the features I want.

I want to be able to play the flstudio virtual instruments with the fantom keyboard and drum pad, but also be able to play the internal fantom sounds into the same song. My computer soundcard sucks and asio4all won't even play sound in flstudio. So I also need to use the fantom as a audio interface or the Tascam. My computer cant connect midi without the Tascam since it is a laptop, but if the fantom through a USB cord could transfer audio and midi and serve as a soundcard/audio interface then that's perfect. I just don't know the proper steps to do so.

---------- Post added 04-28-2011 at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-25-2011 at 08:27 PM ----------

Bump!

Can't anybody help!?

Last edited:
So if the interface has midi I/O just go into FL and make the appropriate settings when it comes to devices, midi and syncing. It shouldn't be that hard. It should be the same with the fantom. Go into your midi or sync page and set it to master or slave depending on what you want to do at the time.

I don't use FL so I can't tell you where to look, but you need to pick up your manual or download one.

Fantom-G6 :: Owner's Manual :: Roland (<-FANTOM G MANUAL)
FL Studio Online Reference Manual (<-FL ONLINE MANUAL)

Make sure you hit this link:

Roland Fantom G + FL Studio - please help - paypal award for answer - Gearslutz.com

Back