Ensoniq EPS

dj devan601

Beatsmith
So instead of spending a lot of money for just a midi controller, decided that I would pick up this older sampler with keys. I've searched online but haven't found much info regarding it. I can pick up one locally for aboue $250, dont know the memory specs and all that, but would I be better off just waiting for an ASR-10? I read that these boards have issues with the keyboard tuning message. I plan to use the EPS/ASR-10 for sampling and my MPC1000 for sequencing. What do you guys think?

I have the EPS classic and I love mine but for $250 make sure it has maxed out ram and the 8 out expansion. Otherwise its over priced. I got mine fully maxed w/ no 8 out for $75 in 2008. I also bought one in 2005 (tho I had to sell it) for $300 and it had everything including sound disks. I love the board and have had no issues with mine personally. I use mine for chopping samples and sequence and do drums on my mpc 2000

Good looks for the fast reply. $75?? Where you located at? lol I asked the guy about the memory and he says he doesnt remember. Anything other than the keyboard issue that I should be looking out for?

He should know how much memory is in his keyboard tell him to look if he doesnt remember. ask him how much sample time does the keyboard have a 52.1khz that will answer your question. I am in the Seattle area. I got mine on craigslist. You see Ensoniq boards for stupid cheap around here. Last summer I was going to buy a EPS 16 for $40 but backed out kuz I already had the classic anyway. I see ASR10s on craigslist for under $300 around here all the time.

That's crazy..under $300...I'd def snatch up one of those ASR's then lol. Over in Mass they're expensive. One guy is selling his for 675 but i guess it includes a lot of stuff. The guy says it's in his closet. I'll probably drill him or look for myself for any issues before picking it up. Stupid work internet wont let me go on craigslist. But good looking out fam.

yeah I bought my EPS because I wanted a 12 bit sampler otherwise I would have gotten an ASR lol

I just picked up a eps classic for $200 with 2x memory.u can get this thing to sample really filthy.

Back