Emu SP-12K

A

acclaim

Everyone please email Emu and tell them you want an SP-12K. Tell them that you think they should make a sampling command station and that you would buy one if they did. Also, give them any suggestions you may have as to features. Thanks.

why?

I mean, I do want an SP1200, but why?
are they thinking of discontinuing them?

isnt it already discontinued?

but now there are some machines that are so much more advanced.. arent you interested in one of those?

yeah, it is already discontinued. It's now under "classic products".

I wanted one because a) it's sample based, so I could load in my own drum samples, and 2) I thought it had a 16 step sequencer on it.... (but just saw that it doesn't).

Yes, the SP-1200 has long been discontinued. I was actually trying to get people to email Emu and tell them we want a new one, an SP-12,000 or SP-12K. Something like their new Command Stations, but with sampling capabilities. Something like an Akai MPC, only better. Let me know what you think.

I Love the SP1200!! It was the first sampler that I ever used. This thing is so easy to use, the first night I f**ked with it I was makin' beats. Make no mistake about it this box definitely has a very distinctive sound. Just listen to Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth's T.R.O.Y. it has SP1200 wrttin' all over it. Currently I'm using a SEQUENTIAL STUDIO 440, same concept just more sampling time and features. I find the Sequencer to be a little less intuitive than the SP1200, but price was the STUDIO 440 is a much cheaper option than the SP1200.

You're right on the money with this one! The SP-1200 is one of the greatest machines ever created. I love my SP for it's 12 bit grittiness, and for it's user friendly sequencer. Have you guys ever midi(ed) an akai s950/s900 to it? It gives the same kind of 12 bit crunch to it, plus obviously you'll get more sampling time. That's what the "incredible" pete rock does. Have you guys ever used the sp's sequencer to sequence a 16 bit, or even 24 bit machine. Just curious, on how it sounded coming through a 12 bit workhorse!? -gos1981

Back