Emu Emax 1 Midi Performance Question

LucRyan

I have recently been thinking about purchasing an Emu Emax 1 sampler and I've been reading from multiple forum sites and I have seen everyone saying that these Samplers have poor midi performance. I want to use an Emu Emax 1 as a sampler and sequence on MPC60. If any of you have experience sequencing the Emu Emax 1 with another hardware piece. Please let me know if the timing is off or if their is another problems with this setup. I'd only be using MIDI IN on the emu Emax 1 and connecting it to MIDI out on the akai mpc60. Thanks

timing should be fine. its a great sampler. Ive used the 3 for ages, seq from 60s or 3000s and I havent had midi issues.

re

Thanks for the response. How did you use your Emu emax? I'm thinking of using one for Drums and Bass.

so I actually have the 2 (rack). Once I looked at it I realized the III was the old emulator we used back in the day. There are tons of sample libraries for them and I tend use them as a quick easy way to get a nasty, in the good way, sounding basic samples on the fly. I mostly stick to pitched regular sounds with it instead of drums. not that is isnt good at drums, just not what I do with it. I dont really sample off vinyl on that one either, I tend to do that in 950s and asr, but there are plenty of examples, like the beastie boys that used them for vinyl samples with great results. I seq from an mpc almost always.

Back